Thread for posting suggestions for Alpha 27.

Lion.Kanzen

7 分钟前,wowgetoffyourcellphone 说:

好吧,目前很多人似乎已经相信地图上的金属已经太多了。

此外,过多地“展开”地雷会增加兴趣点的扩散。 当其他地方还有 20 座小型金属矿时,为什么还要争夺这个小型金属矿? 

First, we want to make warehouses buildable in neutral areas, as a result mining camps are usually not CC protected.
And each small gold mine is limited to 5~10 people. Players need to distribute workers in several unprotected mining camps. Attacking enemy gold mines and finding those gold mines that are not easy to be found by the enemy will become a interesting thing.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, AIEND said:

First, we want to make warehouses buildable in neutral areas, as a result mining camps are usually not CC protected.

Yes, agreed. It's the "strong core, weak countryside" concept I'm talked about for a long time. The main argument against it is that it neuters the Mauryan worker elephant. It's not a good argument, since the Worker Elephant can help build, etc., but it's the argument nonetheless.

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

If it wasn't for C-S concept, I'd suggest:

Melee Soldiers

• Food
  • Metal

Ranged Soldiers

• Wood
  • Metal

Exceptions: Scout Cavalry & Slingers (aka "Trash units")

• Food only

Right. The stone and metal mines right up against the CC are weird. Numerous Skirmish maps fix this, but it remains in random maps.

It would be necessary to discuss it and make a ticket.

Players should get out of bases more in phase 1.

Sorry but all this talk of GOLD is premature as it DOES NOT EXIST as a resource in the main game there is only Metal,Wood,and Food.Metal includes all metals so it's an abstraction not realistic and adding more micromanagement to mines is just tedious time wasting for no purpose but geek points.

Enjoy the Choice :)  

• Thanks 2

11 分钟前,wowgetoffyourcellphone 说:

是的,同意了。 就是我讲了很久的“强芯弱乡”的概念。 反对它的主要论点是它使孔雀工人象绝育。 这不是一个好的论点,因为 Worker Elephant 可以帮助建造等等,但它仍然是一个论点。

Worker Elephant allows workers to easily "guerrilla mining" on the map, and it is difficult for the enemy to even find out which gold mine you used to mine.
In addition, I think the biggest significance of Worker Elephant is that P1 can hunt everywhere, and you can at least save the 300 wood cost of 3 granaries.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Loki1950 said:

Sorry but all this talk of GOLD is premature as it DOES NOT EXIST as a resource in the main game there is only Metal,Wood,and Food.Metal includes all metals so it's an abstraction not realistic and adding more micromanagement to mines is just tedious time wasting for no purpose but geek points.

Enjoy the Choice :)  

Visually gold is beautiful to see in RTS.

Any metal would be interesting.

1 hour ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Well, currently many folks already seem to believe there is already a little too much metal on the map.

Also, "Spreading out" the mines too much adds diffusion of points of interest. Why fight over this tiny metal mine when there are 20 other tiny metal mines elsewhere? 

it's never enough.

I understand that there are maps where it depletes, but...It's never enough.

7 分钟前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

这永远不够。

我知道有些地图会耗尽,但是……这永远不够。

Those people think that there are too many gold mines because there are too few uses for metal now. Once soldiers need to consume a lot of metal, they will want to have 100 gold mines on the map.

• Like 1

3 分钟前,real_tabasco_sauce 说:

有点平衡的话题:移除护甲增加以对近战单位进行排名。 似乎 OP 近战单位(例如 carth merc cav)在每个等级中获得 1 次穿刺和 hack 护甲。 每个等级的近战单位获得的HP,伤害和护甲有点多。 只是伤害和HP会更好,对吗?

I talked about this before, soldiers should not get armor and appearance changes, but only get combat experience - single damage, attack frequency, hit rate, block (melee defense).

11 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Sort of a balancing topic: Remove armor increases for ranking up melee units. It seems OP that melee units (take for example carth merc cav) gain 1 pierce and hack armor with each rank. It is a little much for melee units to receive HP, damage AND armor with each rank. Just damage and HP would be better right?

Yes and No. I think the armor improvement is because they visually get more armor with each rank. It was deemed too much work to have Forge techs make the appearance change and it was compromised that ranking should give the appearance change. Also, ranking was conceived as being much more important than it currently is. 

• Like 1

2 分钟前,wowgetoffyourcellphone 说:

让 Forge 技术人员改变外观被认为工作量太大,而排名应该改变外观也受到了损害。

For this reason, I simply deleted the blacksmith shop, because the experience upgrade has already given soldiers new armor, so there is no need to spend money on it.

4 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Yes and No. I think the armor improvement is because they visually get more armor with each rank. It was deemed too much work to have Forge techs make the appearance change and it was compromised that ranking should give the appearance change. Also, ranking was conceived as being much more important than it currently is. 

@AIEND idea about rank is very good.

8 分钟前,AIEND 说:

为此,我干脆把铁匠铺删了,因为经验升级已经给了士兵新的盔甲,不用花钱买了。

If we cancel the CS, we can cancel the blacksmith while still making the armor upgrade cost money, such as adding training (cavalry, melee infantry and long-range infantry can be separated) as a technology to the barracks, so that soldiers can be trained as advanced. In this way we spend money to give soldiers better armor and of course more combat effectiveness.

4 分钟前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

嗯,不,相信我,实施成本。 (艺术)

CS必须是nerf(经济聚集)。

I'm mainly talking about my mods, this is not what I think is the most perfect solution, in fact I hope that the armor technology of the smithy can bring about a change in appearance, and the experience upgrade only affects the combat power.

24 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

yes, it is understandable that they receive these stats. Unfortunately, the meatshield meta makes it rare for melee units to rank up unless they are garrisonned in barracks or start in rank 2 (mercs). Its kind of tricky, so maybe its better to leave it alone untill we have somewhat dismantled the meatsheild meta.

1 minute ago, AIEND said:

I'm mainly talking about my mods, this is not what I think is the most perfect solution, in fact I hope that the armor technology of the smithy can bring about a change in appearance, and the experience upgrade only affects the combat power.

Wow had an idea similar to stronghold.

Produces weapons so the class is abatible with this. If you produce swords you get all the swords units. But is limited to production.

10 分钟前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

哇有一个类似于要塞的想法。

生产武器,因此该课程可以与此相关。 如果你生产剑,你会得到所有的剑单位。 但仅限于生产。

I think weapons production is only interesting design when combined with equipping civilians with these weapons, like Armies of Exigo and The Golden Horde.