proposed features mod

LetswaveaBook

On 14/02/2022 at 3:10 PM, LetswaveaBook said:

I consider that hero to be weak. So a little buff to their ranged siege weapons might still be okay.

Also, I *THINK* Romans used to have the longest range siege - natively (Mace had similar range w/ hero).  I'm not sure if they currently do.  They did in a23 but I do not think in a24/a25 that is the case.

The Mace team bonus is nice.  However, because of that bonus I fear they'll never be in the line to get p2 siege camps similar to Mauryas ele stables :(.

Edited by Dizaka
  • Like 1

On 15/02/2022 at 2:56 AM, real_tabasco_sauce said:

it seems counterintuitive to build a theatre just for a discount on 3-5 techs, also only a few civs have theatres. Also it seems kind of cheap to use it just to get to p3 faster. In other words its uninteresting

It would only benefit the techs at the CC, but it also keeps its old aura of the extra territory. Also I disagree with the idea that team bonusses should have synergy with all possible allies. Only 4 other factions have theatres, which is indeed on the low side. But it is still better than the current team bonus.

On 15/02/2022 at 2:56 AM, real_tabasco_sauce said:

<here is another idea: For Athen's team: UNIQUE CIV buildings are cheaper and build faster (ie pyramids for kush, champ buildings, temple of vesta, Lighthouse, iber monument, etc. not wonders)>

I don't see any historical justification why Athenians should make buildings in iberia or India cheaper.

20 hours ago, Dizaka said:

However, because of that bonus I fear they'll never be in the line to get p2 siege camps similar to Mauryas ele stables :(.

In a world where each faction is unique, there is no such thing as being in line.

Also it does not hinder siege in p2. I think siege in p2 is a bad idea, but I would not be opposed to trying out bad ideas. Though I can't try out any idea tossed towards me.

Another possible civ bonus for Mace could be "can build siege workshops in neutral territory". That would also make Mace unique.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LetswaveaBook said:

It would only benefit the techs at the CC, but it also keeps its old aura of the extra territory. Also I disagree with the idea that team bonusses should have synergy with all possible allies. Only 4 other factions have theatres, which is indeed on the low side. But it is still better than the current team bonus.

My point is that this bonus would also include theaters and make more of an impact. The historical guestification if you want one is "Architects" or something, where the knowledge of construction is shared with the team: Athenian's "allies." I don't see why a historical justification is needed for these things tho.

In the case that athenians are already allied with mauryans, they would share knowledge with each other right? Thats kind of the idea with roman civ bonus I guess, and the ptol bonus as they are sharing food right?

also, this idea would not be equal for all civs. It would be huge for kush for example as pyramids are unique, and less impactful for mace or britons since they don't have as impactful unique structures.

Anything is better than the current team bonus lol.

@LetswaveaBook what do you think about my carth team bonus idea. I thought it sounded fun and maintains carth as the merc civ. Considering that merc cav are op, I thought a 5 metal discount was appropriate, which would affect inf a little more than cav. Although i don't know how one could allow a team bonus to influence what units are trainable by buildings.

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce

51 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

@LetswaveaBook what do you think about my carth team bonus idea. I thought it sounded fun and maintains carth as the merc civ. Considering that merc cav are op, I thought a 5 metal discount was appropriate, which would affect inf a little more than cav. Although i don't know how one could allow a team bonus to influence what units are trainable by buildings.

I am not really a fan of team bonusses that give a raw power increase or cost reduction to spamable units.

Edited by LetswaveaBook
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LetswaveaBook said:

Another possible civ bonus for Mace could be "can build siege workshops in neutral territory". That would also make Mace unique

Except for rome, which has more powerful ones that train units and shoot arrows.

unless you mean team bonus, then I could see it being very fun lol.

I have been trying to get people to play this mod but of course it is hard.

Edited by BreakfastBurrito_007
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, LetswaveaBook said:

I am not really a fan of team bonusses that give a raw power increase or cost reduction to spamable units.

Ok but there are existing "raw power" bonuses: Iber, Sparta, Rome, Ptol. All of these provide general buffs which are significant enough to consider when deciding a team's civs. Would you change these?

In any case these bonuses still don't work for me:

Brits, Carthage, Athenians

• Like 2

On 15/02/2022 at 10:40 PM, Dizaka said:

Also, I *THINK* Romans used to have the longest range siege - natively (Mace had similar range w/ hero).  I'm not sure if they currently do.  They did in a23 but I do not think in a24/a25 that is the case.

The Mace team bonus is nice.  However, because of that bonus I fear they'll never be in the line to get p2 siege camps similar to Mauryas ele stables :(.

Hi, Romans had the longest range siege in A23 and also the strongest. Particularly their scorpions, great aesthetic and faster setup time, higher damage, and smaller unit template. For all intents and purposes the scorpion felt like a unique Roman unit even if it probably was not created as such.