Medium-sized to Small Round Shields (peltas and bucklers), for non-pikemen

I think it would be nice to have an assortment of smaller round shields for Cretan Archers and basic Javelin dudes and such. Right now, the standard Mace pelte shields are angled too far backward to use for any unit except pikemen. 

Below: On the left, I have attempted to use the basic pikeman pelte shield model for Theban skirmishers, but there is bad clipping. On the right, Cretan Archers with ugly outdated bucklers. 

screenshot0466.thumb.jpg.ddeedbdf7ab347e79648e454b2c70827.jpg

Would be great to have some generic small and medium shields, player color, wood, and bronze, and then those same shields with basic round bosses. The medium ones could have variants with short spinas/vertical bosses for cavalry units (Tarantine, etc.). This would also be a great time to update the Roman and Iberian cavalry shields and bucklers. 

screenshot0467.thumb.jpg.981dfe0dcc58ea9578f7b41d49e0b12b.jpg

Seleucid_cavalry_light_infantry_color.jpscreenshot0468.thumb.jpg.cc1342c965222048fcf406d6be6d60a3.jpg

Then it would be great to have some specifically Cretan Archer patterned shields as well for the buckler sized model:

EB3z6QiX4AMkfMB.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmvOdD_fU6XlKa-rHJwhZf7f391260a7569ebc898d9946d88650a.jpg

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

I was actually thinking of posting something similar before i saw this thread (I was going to suggest a wicker shield for the basic Nabatean).

9 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Then it would be great to have some specifically Cretan Archer patterned shields as well for the buckler sized model:

EB3z6QiX4AMkfMB.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmvOdD_fU6XlKa-rHJwhZf7f391260a7569ebc898d9946d88650a.jpg

They should have the cretan bull:

latest?cb=20151225100416

Edited by Ultimate Aurelian
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/12/2020 at 6:52 AM, Sundiata said:

@Alexandermb, something for you?

Hope the internet comes soon or at least someday to be able to upload. Been 2 months now whitout it and had a phone which doesn't even worked as hotspot, got a new one and been studying this week to finish the last semester test and end for this year. Hope with my mind clear from any new announcement of the university will have peace to work on at least one this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...