connecting to server... stuck(multiplayer)

Mamoria

Hi everyone,

for some reason I can't join many multiplayer games (~75%). The problem is that it sais connecting to server for ~30 Seconds and then it sais that it couldn't join. Some games it just works fine. I have Windows 8.1 and alpha 23.

Edited by Mamoria

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

this still happens to me i  that proportion. Normally says "connecting to server" if it works in 3 secs o less says "registering to bla bla bla"
in this games I can't join after waiting the "connecting to server" prompt says "No ha sido posible conectarse al servidor, el anfitrion UDP2059, firewall or antivirus problem. but for other games works w/o any more hesitation...

21 minutes ago, alre said:

I often have this problem when joining and when hosting. When I cannot join a game, switching to another connection generally allows me to pass. I don't have any clue about what the problem may be.

If on windows, could be that the network is set to public, while it should be set to private. else the firewall might block the game if not properly configured.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @Stan`

I have the same problem. And it is weird

On 02/05/2021 at 2:33 PM, Stan` said:

If on windows, could be that the network is set to public, while it should be set to private. else the firewall might block the game if not properly configured.

Wouldn't this block every player that try to join a lobby game? I have some(but not all!) of my friend in different countries/different ISPs that reported this issue.

This problem also started to happen to me after I moved to another house. I mantained the same ISP, but I needed to switch from cable DSL to a 5G modem. I don't know what kind of connection my other friends have. I can ask if this can be useful. I am quite sure that we all run on linux (I have Ubuntu 20). I have tried to enable/disable the TLS encryption without success.

After this change, this problem starts to happen. I am still able to connect to some 'golden' player, but many of them are out of my reach.

I saw this on A24 and on the A25 prerelease

I am also open to help and make tests with my network if needed :)

Edited by Bellaz89

If you can connect to some but not all, the most likely explanation remains IMO a firewall somewhere going haywire.

If you want to investigate, you can turn on logging for the net server and the net client and see if it starts failing on your end or your friend's end.

Note that A25 will include some changes, notably around NAT hairpinning.

1 hour ago, Bellaz89 said:

Hi @Stan`

I have the same problem. And it is weird

Wouldn't this block every player that try to join a lobby game? I have some(but not all!) of my friend in different countries/different ISPs that reported this issue.

This problem also started to happen to me after I moved to another house. I mantained the same ISP, but I needed to switch from cable DSL to a 5G modem. I don't know what kind of connection my other friends have. I can ask if this can be useful. I am quite sure that we all run on linux (I have Ubuntu 20). I have tried to enable/disable the TLS encryption without success.

After this change, this problem starts to happen. I am still able to connect to some 'golden' player, but many of them are out of my reach.

I saw this on A24 and on the A25 prerelease

I am also open to help and make tests with my network if needed :)

42 minutes ago, wraitii said:

If you can connect to some but not all, the most likely explanation remains IMO a firewall somewhere going haywire.

If you want to investigate, you can turn on logging for the net server and the net client and see if it starts failing on your end or your friend's end.

Note that A25 will include some changes, notably around NAT hairpinning.

The problem is mostly caused with incompatibilities between types of NAT each router has, only way to be sure everybody can join you is to set up port forwarding.

• Like 1