Gameplay Feature: Market Vendors

wowgetoffyourcellphone

So, since I added the coin resource, I've been trying to think of ways to "gather" it and came up with Market Vendors. Building a Market unlocks Market Vendors that you can build and trickle Coin resource. Eventually, I'd like to have units "gather" coin at the vendors by tasking citizens to the Vendor stalls. Need some animations for that to work though. For now, they just trickle the resource for you. I will adjust the "Market Taxes" tech to boost the trickle for the Vendor stalls. 

screenshot0198.thumb.jpg.319b46498d82ee3b78a9f1ae74a4e34f.jpg

Eventually, it would be nice to have civ specific models, but for now they are generic. (y) 

I want cities in DE to look lively and lived in. I think these go some way toward achieving that.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This is a great idea and I hope it could be implemented soon! By assigning citizen to the market vendors do you mean the citizen would be a customer or seller?

If seller I imagine it would work with garrisonable market? Every garrisoned unit would be visible, like this visible garrisoned units in 0abc but on market stalls instead, and for every garrisoned unit in the market, resource trickle is increased. It's similar to how University work in Rise of Nations, but instead of Scholars and Knowledge resource, it's Seller and Coin. Since these assigned units would spend their time below vendor tents, I think existing idle animation is enough. 

If the citizen acts as customer and gathering coins by interacting with the vendor then yeah perhaps new animation is needed. Although if  it is possible to make the citizen walk inside the tent then we can assume she's gathering coins without having to actually make new animation.

6 minutes ago, Alexandermb said:

After re-exporting cavalry animations i will be committing the animations re-export and fix. Will include something for this feature.

@Alexandermb also check for more obvious missing art and bugs discovered by youtubers (if you do not want to watch them read @wackyserious notes) https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15271-0-ad-on-youtube/page/70/

Edited by asterix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, asterix said:

@Alexandermb also check for more obvious missing art and bugs discovered by youtubers (if you donot watch them read @wackyserious notes) https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15271-0-ad-on-youtube/page/70/

Thanks for the catch up, to be honest i mostly lost all of the notifications or mentions sometimes and forgot about some stuff.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, azayrahmad said:

This is a great idea and I hope it could be implemented soon! By assigning citizen to the market vendors do you mean the citizen would be a customer or seller?

If seller I imagine it would work with garrisonable market? Every garrisoned unit would be visible, like this visible garrisoned units in 0abc but on market stalls instead, and for every garrisoned unit in the market, resource trickle is increased. It's similar to how University work in Rise of Nations, but instead of Scholars and Knowledge resource, it's Seller and Coin. Since these assigned units would spend their time below vendor tents, I think existing idle animation is enough. 

If the citizen acts as customer and gathering coins by interacting with the vendor then yeah perhaps new animation is needed. Although if  it is possible to make the citizen walk inside the tent then we can assume she's gathering coins without having to actually make new animation.

It could be as simple as having 5 garrison slots, the "seller" slot being the first one that gets garrisoned and the "buyers" being the next 4 slots. They'd fill up the slots sequentially.