war wagon fort (mobile defense)

Lion.Kanzen

1 minute ago, Lopess said:

Initially it was, but now it's just a single structure, if necessary I'll add some eyecandy.

I was thinking, that if wagons are props, it could be assembled quite unusual.

For example not constructed, but indeed like 6 wagons produced and added until complete. :)

The wagon fort could become steadily stronger with more wagons added.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, artoo said:

I was thinking, that if wagons are props, it could be assembled quite unusual.

For example not constructed, but indeed like 6 wagons produced and added until complete. :)

The wagon fort could become steadily stronger with more wagons added.

I believe that there is no mechanic for this at the moment in the game, I believe that currently it is easier to train a set of 6 carts that go together, and when the fortress is assembled it becomes fixed in place.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lopess said:

I believe that there is no mechanic for this at the moment in the game, I believe that currently it is easier to train a set of 6 carts that go together, and when the fortress is assembled it becomes fixed in place.

Such thing could be coded. ;)

I guess it would need a garrison event to change props and remove the unit. One wagon would do the foundation, the fort, each garrisoned wagon would be added as prop.

Anyhow, just thinking loudly.

1 hour ago, Stan` said:

Currently garisonning set a variant called garrisoned in the actor file. That's how we display the garrison flags. We currently don't support multiple states of garrisoning, but yeah it could be coded.

It would be quite worthwhile, because no other game has this mechanic, it would be assembled and disassembled.

I'll add the mobile fortress in Xiongnu:(https://github.com/0ADMods/xiongnu) mod we can see how it behaves and if there are things that can be improved in the model. Feel free to give your opinion. One of my doubts is whether it should come with an entire garrison inside, or (my favorite) just a few archers (imagine the wagon drivers) and as you garrison archers they'll move into vacant seats.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
于 2021 年 11 月 17 日上午 8:28 说道:

更像是一个机动的罗马攻城营,但在防御火力方面,要强得多。

汉人只是照搬了匈奴的战术,一开始他们几乎没有骑兵,而是使用了更先进的技术。

汉线提到,40万骑兵匈奴对抗全汉全中国只有1万骑兵。 汉方的步兵和几十万种不同类型的弩。

The Han Dynasty did not need to copy Xiongnu at all. China had cavalry in the Shang Dynasty, and at the beginning of the reign of Emperor Wu of the Han Dynasty, 40,000 to 50,000 cavalry could be deployed in frontier fortresses. The scale of the cavalry in the Han Dynasty was restricted by economic reasons, that is, the scale of raising horses. During the reign of Emperor Wu of the Han Dynasty, the number of military horses was increased to 400,000. The highest number of cavalry dispatched was recorded at 180,000 at one time (the formation of an excessively large cavalry team also caused great damage to the national economy of the Han Dynasty).

In addition, before Han Wudi started his war against Xiongnu, because there was no need to go deep into the steppe to fight, China had almost no army composed purely of cavalry, usually combined troops, and cavalry only made up a small part of it.
During the Warring States period, Li Mu, a general of the Warring States Period, defeated Xiongnu with a force consisting of chariots, infantry and cavalry.
In the war mode from the Warring States Period to the early Western Han Dynasty, the infantry was very strong, and the cavalry could not attack the infantry array head-on. The task of frontal attacking the infantry could only be completed by the chariot. Therefore, the army often mixed the cavalry and the chariot, and let the cavalry cooperate with the chariot. , or perform harassment and pursuit missions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

One of the earliest written claims of using conjoined mobile shields as fortification is described in the Chinese historical record Book of Han. During the 119 BC Battle of Mobei of the Han–Xiongnu War, the famous Han general Wei Qing led his army through a fatiguing expeditionary march across the Gobi desert only to find Yizhixie chanyu's main force waiting to encircle them on the other side. Using armored heavy wagons known as "Wu Gang Wagon" (Chinese: 武剛車) in ring formations as temporary defensive fortifications, Wei Qing neutralised the Xiongnu's initial cavalry charges, forcing a stalemate and buying time for his troops to recover strength, before using the cover of a sandstorm to launch a counteroffensive which overran the nomads.[13]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wagon_fort