0 A.D. Empires Extended

Zeta1127

I have taken it upon myself to port some of the new civilizations from Delenda Est, specifically the Epirotes and Thebans, to a RotE style expansion pack mod adding new civilizations, 0 A.D. Empires Extended. If people are interested in trying it out, I will see about releasing it to these forums.

I have finally attached the latest version of 0 A.D. Empires Extended.

empires_extended.zip

Edited by Zeta1127
  • Like 6

Yeah, I think it should be default too, since the Elephant Stable is a Town Phase structure anyway, so I don't think it would be overpowered. Though the plan as I understand it based on the design documents was to have it be a technology to unlock the ability Elephant Breeding, that would function like the Carthaginian and Iberian bonuses at the Corral, but that plan could be reevaluated.

I am just trying to implement the feature for the base game, I am just using this mod as an easy way to test it. I also realized the Persians and Ptolemies will also have a version of the Roundup bonus, so I have done the preliminary work for them too. This rounds out the list to the Corral trickle for everyone, and the Carthaginians, Iberians, Mauryans, Persians, and Ptolemies Roundup bonuses.

Have you look at corral trickle Trac ticket? i had it working in DE for food trickle from garrisoned sheep. Even had the sheep show up inside the corral. Problem is, the sheep entity would stull do its "wander" animation and even wander out of the corral, while the actor itself remained at the prop point. lol, it was a weird bug, though not unfixable. I am curious how you are doing it. 

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

• 3 weeks later...

I nearly have 0 A.D. Empires Extended ready for a release, I just need to make sure I am not including any unnecessary files, especially art files. It will be compatible with Alpha 21 only, but as far as I know the only conflict with SVN at present is the changes to the Sentry Tower files, so it won't be that hard to port to the next release so far.

• 1 month later...
On 05/02/2017 at 5:53 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

It would have worked just fine if the wandering could be turned off when garrisoned.

You might like this patch then. It removes roaming for Domestic animals inside corrals (Basically it checks whether the unit was garrisoned), here in the cart corral as a test. You might want to be careful though since if Ykkrosh put a warning to prevent doing that there might have been a reason then. However it works fine on my end.

GarrisonSheepInCoralWithNoRoaming.diff

@wowgetoffyourcellphone Can you try it ?

Edited by stanislas69
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

I just got around to updating Empires Extended for Alpha 22. It has gone well so far, other than some minor changes to the Sentry Tower template and some aura changes for the Theatron and Wonders. The only problem now is I am getting a WARNING: Unknown requirement operator: class.

Okay, that warning ended up just being a small change to the phase techs.

Edited by Zeta1127
Update

• 3 weeks later...

There was also a small issue with the Theban Fire Raiser, which I also fixed, so as near as I can tell, the mod is fully ported to Alpha 22. I am still interested in releasing 0 A.D. Empires Extended to the public, but it is a lot of work to manage a released mod, so I am still hesitant to do it.

I don't think anyone is really expecting an upkept mod at the moment - A23 release is somewhat kinda right around the corner. Call it an alpha mod for an alpha game. If you don't update it we'll probably do it ourselves or assume your working on a 23 version.

Spoiler

If you want to test it more, put a few AI's against each other and watch them fight. If they don't train a unit (like Siege) or build a building: the <Classes> tag might not be there at all for it or be right. Make sure to check the parent as well. A 2v2 or 2v1, So they build a market and hopefully train traders.

4 minutes ago, SirPope said:

A23 release is somewhat kinda right around the corner.

What make you think that? Only has been 3 months since last alpha release, now alphas are released by like 2 at year. Maybe the dev team has switched to short cycle developing, but didn't read nothing about it.

Edited by av93