[FIXED] foundation bug is back

wowgetoffyourcellphone

EDIT: I was at r16253 when this all happened (so maybe fixed)!

Not sure if those are related.

I'm at r16256 and build a storehouse on uneven terrain. It seamed to be completely build and the unit AI send the builders to harvest wood that in fact could be delivered to the storehouse in question.

However, the storehouse had 1 hitpoint and no upgrades showed up when selecting it.

I attacked an enemy CC that was not finished yet but my javlin units dealt no damage to it. Same when attacking a defense tower.

I placed a CC with 10 workers and they started constructing. They where attacked and killed so I send ~50 javelin infantry to kill the enemy units around and send them to finish the CC. However, even after several insane move actions of them they never started to actually build it any further.

I'm not sure what is causing all this but IMO ATM the game is in an unplayable state.

The unit AI is entirely broken:

- Collectors don't divide to collect from other resources of the same type right next to the resource targeted and, if many unit are selected, block each other so nothing gets done.

- Collectors stop at storehouses while resources of the same type as send to collect are just 2 meters away (so for me for no reason at all). This happened with the storehouse above.

- If many units are selected and send to an incomplete building they never start building it (see the CC above).

- If many units are send to build several buildings in a queue (e.g. houses) some go to the next building (likely because blocked by other builders) while some just seam to drop the entire queue (maybe because the couldn't reach any foundation).

- The unit AI doesn't recognize if a target isn't reachable in all cases (like harvesting from a tree within a forest - it just should send the unit to the reachable resource of that type closest to the targeted resource IMO).

Edited by FeXoR
  • Like 2

FeXoR, you nearly gave me a heart attack but actually yes, this is all (hopefully) fixed now!

About the prop/decal thing I don't know what you are talking about, I have zero knowledge about graphics. My changes shouldn't have any impact on the issue as far as I understand it.

Using autobuild. No one can confirm this happens to them?

if its happens to you try to reset game cache or test if is happens when release is come out.

Some time ago I was have a problem similar when I started some buildings gives me a warning but only happens to me, I thing I did was reset the cache launch the release instead of svn and I don't have that issue anymore. Is kind of mirage.

• 2 weeks later...