===[TASK] Dwarven Mine

So these are to be placed on a mine?

Maybe a mountain, and I guess only on the editor.

Not that I can see any comments from the Art Dept guys ;)

Enjoy the Choice :)

I'd like to have some too. BTW what is that "Enjoy the Choice :)" thing you put at the end of all your posts ? :)

I don't think the design committee wants unlimited resources. Though a mine building could still give a longer lifetime for your mines (double the resources or something).

I don't think it was planned that way. I guess it was just about decorations, since its in the eyecandy thread.

The roofs are only a bit lengthy in comparison with the building itself. I think you should take a look at the mines from Knights and Merchants.

Love that game ;)

Well, somebody told me for the gaul farmstead that's the roof had to go half the door.

Here you go ;)

Glad I could help. :)

I had a few suggestions to make it more accurate.

Make the peak longer than base of house. So if the door is say 250 the peak would be about 500 (I used ruler in photoshop to get a rough ratio) Also the roof should extend down slightly past middle of door. (I think this steep angle is to keep snow off) Also there would be no chimney at this time.

This is front angle of same house.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Celtic_settlement-Open-Air_Archaeological_Museum_Liptovska_Mara_-_Havranok%2CSlovakia.jpg

Since its the celt mine version, i tried to keep some an historical accuracy

Have you tried importing them into 0ad? I don't know how you will have to position the model before exporting so that it can be placed against mountains easily.

Perfect would be that it could clip to the mountain like the docks clip to the water, but that would require coding...

• Like 1