Newbie trouble modding 0AD

newcivs

i was try to moddify 0AD, i copy the pblic mod "public.zip", and modify it, but when i compress the new public.zip file 0AD don't detects the new file!

No need to re-compress any changes, just create a folder named "public" in the same directory as public.zip and any changed files you put in the "public" folder will be used. Sometimes it might just be easier to decompress "public.zip" into "public" and delete public.zip so that the "mods" directory only contains the folder "public".

Edited by Josh
  • Like 1

Just a few quick questions which version are you using and what OS and is it a normal install?

Now a few reasons why you are getting that "no permissions" if you are using any Linux distro the program was in system space and any change there requires "root" permissions while under Windows Vista and later any files in "Program Files" also need admin privileges to change.

Enjoy the Choice :)

• Like 1

Also as noted in the link Erik posted you should create a mod folder (as you are working with a release) in ~/.local/share/0ad/mods/ and just put your modified versions in there. The game will then (if you pass it -mod=yourmodname) load your mod after the public mod and replace any files that are present in the public mod and are in your mod (with the same file name in the same (relative) path) with your modified versions.

Just a few quick questions which version are you using and what OS and is it a normal install?

Now a few reasons why you are getting that "no permissions" if you are using any Linux distro the program was in system space and any change there requires "root" permissions while under Windows Vista and later any files in "Program Files" also need admin privileges to change.

Enjoy the Choice :)

I use Rfremix GNU/Linux, "almost a copy of Fedora" i was read a tutorial on "taringa" and says that i need recompress the "public", the tutorial is for *buntu but on Rfremix works fine

something as this, i only copy the units that i need "mauryan chariot" and change the name for the "new" unit", but in this moment i don't know how mod the collada and dds files, using "linux", but reading the "civs" folder a know what do after, for example germanics.json

El viejo tutorial de taringa. Eso fue cuando estaba en versión 4.

But must be same, I don't use Linux. Taringa have a really old post about modding. Even early than version 4

http://www.taringa.net/posts/linux/8944890/Como-hacer-un-mod-para-0AD-parte-1.html

Actually is versión 3 or 0.3 of the game. 2010 may be.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

I tried to edit 0AD Collada Files for mod itm but i have a problem, Blender don't regonizes collada files, but the files has content as i test on Gedit, i am using Blender 2.69 Stable with the official collada plugin that we can find on file > user preferences > plugins

The collada files in the release are cached, and can't be read from Blender, you need to download them here: http://trac.wildfiregames.com/browser/ps/trunk/binaries/data/mods/public/art/meshes

Note that some old files (created by Max3D) still might not import correctly, they can need manual editing (normally removing some lines with a text editor), and manual rescaling the model.