Jump to content

World Rising


Adriano0ad
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Thalatta said:

Acho que isso ainda é um problema, o que é estranho, já que você tem outros telhados que não são assim. Talvez fosse melhor modificar esses outros para obter a versão mais "polida", em vez de tentar disfarçar a aparência metálica daqueles que parecem de metal.

There are some structures and vegetation where the lighting appears inverted; I’ve tried fixing this in Blender—since the texture is the same, the issue seems to lie with the meshes themselves. I’m not sure if it’s a global lighting issue or actually a problem with the structure meshes. They all have normals, secondary channels, and AO maps, all set to well-controlled levels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Adriano0ad said:

There are some structures and vegetation where the lighting appears inverted; I’ve tried fixing this in Blender—since the texture is the same, the issue seems to lie with the meshes themselves. I’m not sure if it’s a global lighting issue or actually a problem with the structure meshes. They all have normals, secondary channels, and AO maps, all set to well-controlled levels.

The shininess is defined by the spec map, and it should be dark where the hay roof is uv-mapped. Maybe you are using different materials in the .xml actor files and in some cases spec map is not taken into account and in some cases it is?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello everyone! I’m back with a few more updates on World Rising.

Lately, I’ve been spending a lot of time improving the game’s flora, adjusting the textures and colors to make the vegetation look more consistent, natural, and realistic. The goal is to give the entire biome a stronger visual identity while still preserving variety between trees, plants, and bushes.

There are still a few adjustments to make, but the overall result is already looking much more cohesive.

I hope you like the changes! Let me know what you think, and keep following the development of World Rising.

image.png

image.png

image.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello everyone! I’m back with some new updates on the development of World Rising!

The Rivers of Japan map is finally complete, with 100% of its flora now implemented! I’ve also added new terrain relief and integrated the dynamic weather system, including rain and thunderstorms, making the environment feel much more alive and dynamic. In the future, the only major addition planned for this map will be the new animals that are still being developed.

I’ve also created several new particles and visual effects. Now, when women pray, a beam of light appears at the temple during the ritual. I’m planning to create something similar for priests, with special visual effects appearing while they heal units.

I’ve also updated the resource-gathering accessories used by units and made some changes to the Yayoi merchant.

Work has already begun on our second map: the Coast of Japan! I’ve created the first textures and I’m currently working on the vegetation for this new biome. I’ll be sharing the first screenshots very soon!

The Yayoi culture also continues to grow, with more technologies and new buildings being added and tested.

Development continues step by step, with new content, visual improvements, and gameplay systems gradually coming together to make World Rising more complete and unique.

Thank you to everyone who continues to follow the project! Leave your comments, share your thoughts, and keep participating in the development! More updates are coming soon!

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Adriano0ad said:

image.png

"Primitive man" is not a nice name :) (these pejorative terms when referring to peoples and cultures are quite outdated in academia). Is this a Yayoi? That term is also used for the people and culture, not just the period. It would also be more indicative of who that person is supposed to be. One comment on Reddit summarises the situation quite well: "Besides the issue of racism and colonialism, it is a term that is so vague as to be useless".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...