Jump to content

Why is A27 a broken version?


king reza the great
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, TheCJ said:

...Im confused, do you want eye-candy or not?

I was just frustrated with the broken AI. I don't really care about the icons. Fix the mouse cursor bug, make Fortresses great again and I'll be good. Or just show the AI how to research them champions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dakara said:

I think you're being negative.

And wrong on most accounts. The AI isn't broken, it just needs a lot of time to build up. It knows how to recruit champions, and it's also a decent challenge for someone relatively new to the game.

The only thing that's really broken is the mouse cursor "lag", but that can be ignored for SP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just had a very frustrating game on Latium. The FPS was bad in late game, but the input lag was worse.

I should cap the population size to 150 and see if that helps. I wonder if that will break Petra? Would also need to disable shadows, as keeping them on Low quality is still too much. 

@real_tabasco_sauce, changes from the Community mod helped to reduce the need for siege. Now Barracks, Stables and Arsenals are much easier to destroy.

Fortresses and Civic centers still require siege weapons, but that is by design.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Stan` @real_tabasco_sauce

The mouse cursor "lag" on Windows is completely gone for me when I play only on the external monitor connected to my laptop via HDMI. If I duplicate the screen, it lags. 

So, a viable workaround is to get an external monitor and rearrange the multiple displays to show only on the external monitor display. GUI scale option can be used to adjust the UI.

EDIT: It is not external monitor, but the scale set in Windows display settings. See below. 

Edited by Deicide4u
Windows, not Window
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/04/2025 at 2:00 PM, Deicide4u said:

Strongly agree. Champions should be available only in Fortresses and special civ-specific buildings. Either that or increase the cost of unlock techs.

Civ specific buildings can usually be spammed, ultimately that simply means any civ with them is superior to those that don't have them if this path is taken.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Deicide4u said:

@Stan` @real_tabasco_sauce

The mouse cursor "lag" on Windows is completely gone for me when I play only on the external monitor connected to my laptop via HDMI. If I duplicate the screen, it lags. 

So, a viable workaround is to get an external monitor and rearrange the multiple displays to show only on the external monitor display. GUI scale option can be used to adjust the UI.

Could you give the me screen resolution of both this new monitor and your laptops'?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Stan` said:

Could you give the me screen resolution of both this new monitor and your laptops'?

Both laptop display and external monitor are
1920 x 1080

EDIT: I've found a cause. It's the scale used to adjust the UI set on the Windows side. Check the image below:

image.thumb.png.a01b7e46658ba5b64d8e1a9e8f123afc.png

When the scale is at 100%, there is no mouse cursor input lag. My guess is that the game isn't calculating the offset resolution (only absolute numbers). Other possibility is that this feature on Windows side is simply buggy.

@real_tabasco_sauce, FYI. 

EDIT2: To clarify, the issue is not whether you have an external monitor or not. Scale set in Windows display settings is what's causing it. 

Edited by Deicide4u
Clarification
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...