trac.wildfiregames.com is down

timsoft

as per the title, trac.wildfiregames.com is down. this affects  FAQ and the wiki. It has been quite flakey over the past few months, but ha beens giving a 503 error message permanently for the past few days. see below

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache/2.4.29 (Ubuntu) Server at trac.wildfiregames.com Port 80

I check https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/CompilingUsingTheReleaseSourceArchives  once a day for updates to the  release version as I maintain the slackware 0ad package build script, and the site is no longer working.

Last update I saw was last week for the git migration so hopefully slowly but steady.

Regarding Trac the problem seems to be that someone is having fun taking it down.

So hopefully Gitea won't have the same issue.

• Like 1

Hello! I have just set up a mitigation attempt against the DoS attacks. Let us see if it holds over time, if it does, I'll close the ticket.

Thanks for your patience :)

PS. News are coming soon about the migration project, but it's unrelated to the attacks on Trac (the mitigation I am setting up will have to be kept in the future)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Itms said:

Hello! I have just set up a mitigation attempt against the DoS attacks.

Thanks for doing that. Trac is working now, so far.

On 24/02/2024 at 11:20 PM, MtoS said:

Does the project team hold a backup that can be used?

No, but the Internet Archive does hold a "backup" of most of Trac. It's at this link. Choose a date to access the archived version of the site.

Edited by Norse_Harold
  • Like 1