0 A.D. is the not a superior name to pick for a strategic game

Foxooo

0 A.D. is not the best name you can pick for a game, there is other similar games with easy searchable names like age of empires, age of mythology, Civilization VI and good for their seo, i think it's one of the reason why the game is not that popular is that it's name is not easy for new comers  

why 0 A.D. had to be with this name? this is disadvantageous for a game to names that short and meaningless, i didn't know that this is strategic game until i tried it

Edited by Foxooo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Foxooo changed the title to 0 A.D. is the best name to pick for a strategic game

While I can't say anything about our SEO, I think you would have to hear about those other games, too, if you wanted to search for them.

I think 0AD is fine as a name; it's short, poignant and has a meaning.

Though I have suggested before to rename it to 0CE; alas, that hasn't caught on.

Although I am not an expert on SEO, that sounds like a valid concern. Just because there are other games with similar names succeeding doesn't mean it causes no damage.

Though, rebranding would not be worth it. And "Empires Ascendant" aren't meaningless words too.

• Foxooo changed the title to 0 A.D. is the not a superior name to pick for a strategic game
On 04/01/2024 at 3:05 PM, Foxooo said:

0 A.D. is not the best name you can pick for a game, there is other similar games with easy searchable names like age of empires, age of mythology, Civilization VI and good for their seo, i think it's one of the reason why the game is not that popular is that it's name is not easy for new comers  

why 0 A.D. had to be with this name? this is disadvantageous for a game to names that short and meaningless, i didn't know that this is strategic game until i tried it

Pronouncing "zero a dee" sounds so cool to me. :heart::rolleyes:

On 04/01/2024 at 10:27 PM, Gurken Khan said:

Though I have suggested before to rename it to 0CE; alas, that hasn't caught on.

There is a phrase "Ab Urbe condita"/"Anno Urbis conditae". It seems to me that there is no other game with this name. Developers could appropriate it while it's free.

825771023_220px-Kapitolinische_Wlfin_Museum_Capitolini.jpg.e7cf19a6acec25e7086aaced161e1330.jpg

There is also an interesting phrase - "Saeculum Novum", which means "New Age". But I think it's better for the next part. In addition, the developer could use the silhouette of a Roman Republican coin as a logo, and in the second part of the game (Anno Urbis conditae: Saeculum Novum) - a Roman Imperial coin. This option seems perfect to me from the point of view of a free license.

image-3.jpg.5295dd139280254ab211f98349efd862.jpgimage_3701e-Roman-Gold-Coin.jpg.bc13162e15bdb60f8c42713885c1e8ba.jpg

Edited by Timocharis
  • Like 2