Formations

Villi

I was wondering how exactly the formations in 0 A.D. will work? In my head i picture selecting the units you want in the formation and then clicking a button. Say you wan't hoplites in a phalanx. I'd guess the the formation then move as one body a lá RTW. What I think would be great was if the phalanx dissolved if it was broken or flanked.

Also can Super Units be in formation with similar regular units (E.g. Spartiates in formation with regular Hoplites)?

You are correct MAXDARK. There is a specific order types of units go into when tasked to a formation. Ideally, one would only task one type of unit into its own formation, but when a mixed formation is created, generally cavalry goes in the front/flanks, melee infantry in the middle, and ranged units in the rear. Some formations are specific to unit-type. For instance, 'wedge' is specific to cavalry only; 'phalanx', 'syntagma', and 'testudo' are specific to melee infantry only; etc. etc.

Oh, and a phalanx will "dissolve" once the number of units falls below the minimum (usually killed) - resulting in the loss of the bonus the phalanx provided. This goes for most formations.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

Does formations attributes upper power ?

(Lion.Kanzen are you Mario ? Who are you in lobby ?)

I'm Lion.kanzen in the lobby., I know our names are similar my real name is Marcio but I'm not The Mario or Mario, I'm haven't not time to play in Lobby, may be Next Alpha 19 you can see me there, I'm experience but as Regular to hard player, not pro.

Ahh ok,

Probably this ideas comes out from the lobby where we were talking about the ID of that very active forum member and we decide you were probably

Mario or something. Unfortunately, i wont be able to play with you from the lobby, as my putsh in other topic was a fail :closedeyes: . Intolerence is an issue

nowadays, but i still hope i can play again one day

Ahh ok,

Probably this ideas comes out from the lobby where we were talking about the ID of that very active forum member and we decide you were probably

Mario or something. Unfortunately, i wont be able to play with you from the lobby, as my putsh in other topic was a fail :closedeyes: . Intolerence is an issue

nowadays, but i still hope i can play again one day

I'm not sure what you mean with "this ideas comes from lobby" the lobby is a recent feature from alpha 15, the forum exist even before than first pre alpha.

Stay on topic, can be nice read the rules, I'm here for discuss how formation can be work specially some formation like testudo and Syntagma.