FieldManager mod - reduce field harvesting micro-management

Mentula

Hi 0 A.D. friends,

the FieldManager mod I am presenting in this post is aimed at reducing micro-management on fields. Official mod page on GitLab here.

The mod has been around for a while and I see players on the lobby already using it. I was hesitant to announce it on the forum, for I wished to come up with more functionalities but... I couldn't :) so here it is! Despite its ostentatious name, the mod provides few but useful features:

• Select military/non-military/all gatherers from selected fields.
  • Select one gatherer from each selected field.
  • Evenly distribute gatherers across selected fields.

Here's a screenshot of the commands available when selecting a number of fields:

FieldManager.png.01605567b23cf5f9aad9d9f001ff6fb9.png

Be aware that...

This mod executes automated actions. This can be considered as a cheat. When you play a game with this mod, make sure other players are aware you are using this mod and agree.

Installation

Click here to download the latest release. Install following the official 0 A.D. guide: How to install mods?

Alternative downloads: Latest Release (.pyromod) | Latest Release (.zip) | Older Releases

Contribute

The public repository is at this page. Everybody is very welcome to contribute, suggest, fork or simply give feedback. Have fun!

Edited by Mentula
inserted warning that the mod is a cheat
  • Like 7

If any of you is wondering why this mod is useful, this is what I do in almost every game: when reaching the population cap I might want to make space for new units (such as rams or elephants), so I do: 1. select all fields, 2. select one gatherer per field (using the mod) 3. destroy the selection.

Another use case is when floating in food and short in wood. In this case one can: 1. select all fields, 2. select one gatherer per field (using the mod) 3. send selection to wood.

In these (and certainly other) cases, one can keep field harvesting at its maximum efficiency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 01/03/2023 at 11:23 AM, Mentula said:

Hi 0 A.D. friends,

the FieldManager mod I am presenting in this post is aimed at reducing micro-management on fields. Official mod page on GitLab here.

The mod has been around for a while and I see players on the lobby already using it. I was hesitant to announce it on the forum, for I wished to come up with more functionalities but... I couldn't :) so here it is! Despite its ostentatious name, the mod provides few but useful features:

• Select military/non-military/all gatherers from selected fields.
  • Select one gatherer from each selected field.
  • Evenly distribute gatherers across selected fields.

Here's a screenshot of the commands available when selecting a number of fields:

FieldManager.png.01605567b23cf5f9aad9d9f001ff6fb9.png

Mod installation

Reveal hidden contents
  1. Download the attached zip file and extract it.
  2. Copy the FieldManager folder into the mods folder, tipically located at:
    • Linux: ~/.local/share/0ad/mods/
    • macOS: ~/Library/Application\ Support/0ad/mods/
    • Windows: ~\Documents\My Games\0ad\mods\
  3. Launch 0 A.D. and open the Settings > Mod Selection menu.
  4. Select the FieldManager mod, Enable it and Save Configuration.

Contribute

The public repository is at this page. Everybody is very welcome to contribute, suggest, fork or simply give feedback. Have fun!

FieldManager.pyromod 10 kB · 3 downloads FieldManager.zip 14 kB · 4 downloads

I've tried it and it is very nice. Perhaps can be added to the base game.

• Like 2