-
Posts
115 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
8
Everything posted by Eilat
-
There's a game I played a long time ago called World in Conflict, and I really liked its gameplay. Victory was determined by capturing key points on the map. If there were a modern warfare mod for 0AD, we could apply this method alongside completely destroying opponents or capturing structures. I think with long-range units like artillery and missiles, destroying opponents could be very easy if the player just spammed them.
-
Are there any mods or ideas for modern warfare for this game? I know there's a World War I mod, but it's not finished. If anyone has ideas or wants to discuss a modern warfare mod, feel free to do so in this topic
-
Implementing forces in Unit Motion (HELP WANTED)
Eilat replied to Atrik's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
Is it possible to integrate knockback and impact effects with units, like being hit by an elephant or struck by a catapult? The Hyrule Conquest mod has this, but it's a fantasy world; do you think it's realistic? (And the units in the mod have animations for being knocked up and falling; if this is implemented, more animations would probably be needed.) -
Actually, the Han dynasty inherited these states; at the very least, the Qin dynasty should be on the list of civilizations.
-
The Kushan Empire was a separate entity, more closely linked to India, and was essentially considered the leading power in Central and South Asia during its peak.
-
I don't quite understand what you mean, but yes, Qin Shi Huang unified China. Basically, the states mentioned were the strongest among the many vassal states of the Zhou dynasty. Essentially, the Zhou dynasty was a unified dynasty with supreme power in China, but the nobles were granted titles and land, forming their own territories, which later became vassal states. Nominally, they were loyal to the Zhou king, but gradually, central power weakened, and the vassal states grew stronger and conquered each other – that was the Warring States period. The names above are five of the seven most powerful vassal states.
-
Great, I feel that the Warring States period states of China such as Qin (秦), Chu (楚), Qi (齊), Zhao (趙), and Wei (魏) would be good choices; it was a very interesting period. Also, the Kushan Empire is also great, but the timeframe in which this power reached its maximum strength is a bit later than the year 100.
-
Great, this would be a huge help. A ridiculously long list of civilizations arranged alphabetically would be terrible.
-
Could you create an interactive map for selecting civilizations? It could display the civilizations for easier visualization, or simply group them by region, because the number of civilizations in this mod is truly overwhelming; we need a way to avoid confusion.
-
There are specific maps for the mod, and there are maps being made to be added to the mod. But the things you mentioned, is there any confusion? Isn't this a fantasy world?
-
I forgot to mention it, actually I knew about it but never tried it because, frankly, the visuals and animation aren't very appealing. But this mod was made with a lot of passion, I can see that from the constant updates, I really appreciate that effort. It would be great if a model artist could help him with the visuals. Correction: Actually, it's been discontinued. I saw it recently dated on ModDB and got confused.
-
This game has great potential for modding. I've seen many ideas for other worlds like Middle-earth and Hyrule becoming themes for mods, but only Hyrule has materialized. Are there any other mods under development, and does anyone intend to create more?
-
From what I've observed, no, they're just buildings and only start creating units after being occupied.
-
Civ "Pers" -> "Achae"
Eilat replied to wowgetoffyourcellphone's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
Those who genuinely want to contribute ideas or discuss the game will come to the forum; otherwise, they simply don't care. I've been playing this game since 2018 and only joined the forum late last year. Since then, I've participated in several discussions related to the game, developed some things to improve it, although most haven't worked as intended since I'm not a programmer. However, I've used the knowledge and resources I've gathered to provide input to some capable developers. For me, the past few months have been more meaningful to the game than the previous years combined. So, if you have any specific ideas, create a topic and discuss them. -
Lopess has many small civilizations in the Endovelico mod. Could two people somehow combine them? I find many civilizations in the original game too powerful to be vassals. Also, I think vassals should have territory, perhaps the same color as the empire but with a certain separation. They should also build houses and structures, and have a small economy. I've seen many vassal attacks that are simply overwhelming, not reflecting their true potential. I've observed vassal forces often finish off opponents in battles, not the empire. Besides that, a resource tribute mechanism would be very interesting. You could set a certain percentage and a tribute schedule, and vassals would periodically pay tribute to the empire that controls them. Those are my ideas. What do you think?
-
I like that idea too, but I don't know how to do it. It should be strategic points, like having abundant resource potential or a prime location, a strait or a plateau, for example.
-
I once tried to create vassals, but in a different way.
-
I am from Vietnam and would be happy to help if I can.
-
What civilization does this image represent?
-
So what do you think about the idea that trader and trading ships would actually carry resources and could also be robbed?
-
The idea is to turn storage buildings into actual resource containers, so the economy becomes spatial, resources are stored locally, not globally. If you deposit 500 wood into a specific storage, that storage literally holds those 500 wood. If that storage is attacked, up to that exact amount can be looted.
-
Should the construction of fields right next to the civic center be reconsidered? I know it's intended to utilize the civic center as storage, but it looks rather unsightly. Also, what if the storage actually contains resources - the amount workers collect and load into it—and it could be looted?
-
Actually, when resources were abundant, I built more than one "city," I don't know if anyone else did it besides me. Perhaps few players play like me, or maybe not at all. I had matches that lasted for hours, sometimes over 3 hours. I found that having many well-defended places like the first "city" also made the AI harder to defeat. Even if you didn't build houses there, at least you had barracks and stables, and they could train soldiers. Because many places only had a single civic center and a market, they were often easily captured quickly, and soldiers had to march a long distance to defend them. And sometimes the AI still wanted to train more soldiers but there was no space because the soldiers blocked all the exits from the buildings. That is, the potential for increasing army size was limited by the number of buildings. Of course, I want long battles, so I find it interesting, because an empire rising from destruction is spectacular to me, and they will have a chance to rise again if there are other "bases" or "cities" with potential. Currently, I have the feeling that the AI is building city-states; it's not large enough for empires yet, but maybe people will find it annoying.
