-
Posts
115 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
8
Everything posted by Eilat
-
Artillerymen's shooting star Recording 2026-09-29 172206.mp4
-
A few updates on the Great War mod: A battle between infantry fighting vehicles. Recording 2026-09-28 214329.mp4 The first representatives of the artillery and missile forces
-
It turns out it has such a long history
-
The first helicopter has entered full operational status. It features a full range of unique flight capabilities, such as lateral tilting and short range backward movement, and gains altitude during long distance flight. It is also capable of firing rockets and anti tank missiles, and deploying heat decoys. Recording 2026-09-26 005347.mp4
-
I’ve looked at your profile, and I realize that I, an amateur, have been giving instructions to an expert.
-
-
I downloaded it from Sketchfab, reduced the polygon count, separated the parts, and animated it. Those are the steps to follow if you want to do something similar.
-
Thanks, but it's a Seahawk, and I'll end up changing the weapon's name as well.
-
Thanks a lot, I should look into this more closely, I followed Claude's instructions. Also, how does it relate to @Atrik?
-
Please check your direct messages.
-
For the footprints, you need the following: Image: A PNG with a transparent background depicting a single footprint or a pair. It is best to create 2–3 identical versions with varying opacities (dark, light, very light) to create a fading effect. Actor: Use a `<decal>` so the image adheres to the ground. The decal size should match the footprint size. Each opacity level from step 1 constitutes a variant. Template: A visual-only entity (parented to `special` or `actor`) that references the actor from step 2. Code (executed every simulation tick): Track the distance the unit has traveled. Place a footprint every time a full step is taken (approximately 0.7–1 m), rotated to align with the direction of movement. Alternate between left and right by slightly offsetting the footprint's horizontal position. Create the footprint using `Engine.AddLocalEntity`: the footprint exists only on the local machine, is not network-synchronized, and does not affect the simulation. Set a timer to switch to a more transparent variant, then delete the footprint after a few seconds.
-
Turning a fairy tale into reality, humanity has taken to the skies in 0 A.D. (apologies if someone has already done this). Drawing inspiration from World in Conflict, I am adding more realistic helicopter movement, though the takeoff/landing key is my own idea, as World in Conflict required rappelling to disembark. Recording 2026-09-24 231717.mp4
-
I’ve only thought about the craters but haven’t actually done it nor do I know how and as for the aura, I haven’t tried it with anything yet. Craters, I mean actual holes, like those created by the terrain tools in Atlas.
-
I used to think about the craters left by explosions since, to me, they serve as a measure of firepower, but it seems they would cause issues for performance and gameplay.
-
Thank you, I'll keep that in mind. I have a type of rocket launcher that can fire anywhere within range, you can simply click on any point, and it will fire regardless of whether there is an enemy there or not. I really like the small details, like applied forces or weather conditions, that you and others are experimenting with. I hope someone does something with water and terrain as well.
-
-
-
You just need to edit the mod.json file to make it compatible with the current version of 0 A.D., but the mod itself is incomplete and unplayable, it can only serve as a reference.
-
Creating large maps is easily done by importing a large sized heightmap, I’ve done it many times, the scale far exceeds giant size.
-
Do you have any specific information about this? Actually, I’ve created maps larger than the ones in the game, but I haven’t tried playing on them yet because they were made for Hyrule Revival.
-
There are certainly plenty of challenges, but I still want to give it a try. The map is actually the aspect I'm least comfortable with; in reality, I could create maps many times larger than "gigantic," but crafting the terrain for them is truly exhausting, and it seems to impact performance as well.
-
Infantry fighting vehicle on the move A quick update on The Great War mod regarding tracked combat vehicles: as someone who values detail, I prioritize realistic movement. The models now kick up dust and smoke from the ground, leave track marks on the terrain, and of course, feature a powerful, aggressive engine roar. Recording 2026-09-23 144500.mp4
-
I’m honestly not an expert developer myself and rely heavily on AI for reference, so if you have specific questions, AI can provide quick answers, alongside the advice you get from the forum, of course. This mod is still in its early stages, so I’m not sure how successful it will be.
-
I have been inspired by you.
-
Technically speaking, this mod focuses on the 21st century, the present day, though it prioritizes gameplay over historical accuracy or realism. The factions are fictional, albeit inspired by real world counterparts. If this mod proves successful, I plan to develop subsequent mods set in the gunpowder era. While those would be technically much simpler than this one, I would hope to incorporate historical consultation for them.
