-
Posts
726 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
38
Everything posted by Vantha
-
Second to last PR for Sparta. https://github.com/TheShadowOfHassen/0-ad-history-encyclopedia-mod/pull/45 I wrote the arsenal text and put it in the arsenal template. Generally, is it better to create a mixin or to just paste the text in the existing template (if there is one)? Also, there's a lot texts I've started working on that will be coming in the next couple days or few weeks. We are one text away from finishing the Spartans, the Athenians will be next.
-
Pull request 42: Spartan barracks https://github.com/TheShadowOfHassen/0-ad-history-encyclopedia-mod/pull/42 I wrote about the Agoge. It's one of the longest text of me so far, because there's just so much to talk about and I really wanted to convey the essence of what the Agoge really was.
-
Here's my suggestion: Let's finish the basic encyclopedia first (write one text for each unit or building), yes we might have to comprise on some topics and leave out some cool information for the sake of keeping the texts simple and for anyone to read. And once we're done with the basic encyclopedia, we can always still develop it further as you suggested.
-
New pull request (#37): https://github.com/TheShadowOfHassen/0-ad-history-encyclopedia-mod/pull/37 Macedonian market, dock and merchant ship
-
Yes, my hardware supports vulkan. Installing Vulkan manually did not solve the issue. I think the problem lies on my end. I have installed two different versions of 0ad at once (probably not the correct way), by deleting, adding and replacing folders during the installation process. This might have messed things up.
-
Grouping mix-up when selecting grouped and ungrouped units.
Vantha replied to krt0143's topic in Bug reports
When units are in an formation, you can't select single units, all units in the formation automatically get selected. So when you press 1 it only selects the units from control group 1. But because these units are in a formation all other units in the same formation get selected as well. So when you remove the formation, the control groups should work as expected again. -
Game Balance: Battering Rams, the 0 A.D. tanks?...
Vantha replied to krt0143's topic in Gameplay Discussion
Axemen are already in the game, both infantry and cavalry. But only two or three units in the entire game. And they are also good in countering rams, because they have very similar stats as swordsmen. Elephants are another good (more intuitive) way of stopping rams, but its true, not every civ has a good way of destroying rams. Last possibility always is to build rams yourself and let your rams fight the attacking rams. -
Game Balance: Battering Rams, the 0 A.D. tanks?...
Vantha replied to krt0143's topic in Gameplay Discussion
Swordsmen, especially cavalry swordsmen are really good against rams. Just 20 cavalry swordsmen can destroy almost any number of unprotected rams, before they do any significant amount of damage. -
Pull request 34: some smaller fixes I converted some templates into mixins, created new mixins for the siege engines and renamed all mixins to start with encyclopedia_ https://github.com/TheShadowOfHassen/0-ad-history-encyclopedia-mod/pull/34
-
So, a text about how Alexander boosted the economy by spending Persia's gold reserves would fit the right time frame?
-
Pr #32: market, dock, and merchant ship of Athenians https://github.com/TheShadowOfHassen/0-ad-history-encyclopedia-mod/pull/32 I will write market, dock and merchant ship for Macedonians next.
-
Are the Macedonians in 0ad set before or after Alexander the Greats conquest of Persia?
-
We already have been collecting all the sources. Maybe we should add the most important sources as comments to the files to help the translators.
-
I have found comments in some files written like this: <!-- comment -- > In the mercenary mixin for example.
-
And ... another pull request! #24 about markets, docks and merchant ships of the Seleucids and Ptolemies: https://github.com/TheShadowOfHassen/0-ad-history-encyclopedia-mod/pull/24
-
Pull request 23 was just opened: I created a mixin for all traders
-
@Norse_Harold I dont know if you still need it, but here it is anyway: The return values are the same as in your test, but i can confirm the test was run on a device connected to a router behind CGNAT.
-
Okay I got it to work. I think the problem was that when clicking save and restart in the mod selection menu, the game restarts without checking for new mods, but I'm not sure. Also, a warning comes up saying there must not be spaces in the mod name. It's not a big problem, It can be fixed by changing the name in the mod.json from "History Mod" to "History-Mod".
