Outis
Community Members-
Posts
308 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
2
Everything posted by Outis
-
My thinking on this one: farms are usually placed next to deposit sites already, and you build storehouses directly near the mines, for in these cases, you dont benefit from less time spent to return with gathered resources, in fact one can argue you introduce an indesirable delay in receiving the resources to your stockpile. I see these mainly as a boost to wood gathering, since the walking time to the storehouse increases over time as harvested trees disappear.
-
My intention is not to arrive at right or wrong, but rather see how others approach the questions, so I can arrive at my conclusions. And maybe the conversation helps others too, if others share their opinoons. I will indeed try some new things mentioned here . What I think would be great is, if we had a "0 AD SotL" who would actually share videos about such calculations. I think this has the potential to improve gameplay design as well as make the game more popular.
-
What about gather capacity upgrades?
-
What about wicker baskets? In what cases is it worth it? Does the starting patch of berry bushes justify its cost? Or should you be near a second patch or be in a biome like sahara with higher starting gatherables?
-
Thanks for the answers, i was thinking more along the lines of, how many new lumberjacks is the first wood gathering tech worth?
-
Hello community, When does it make sense to use the available resources to upgrade gathering technologies, rather than use the resources to train additional citizens? What is your opinion and what is your reasoning?
-
Blacksmith : Weapon or Armor? Slash or Piercing?
Outis replied to vanz's topic in Gameplay Discussion
I go for this as well. My thinking: armor upgrades help both melee and ranged units. I go for pierce armor first, because it protects against building arrow fire as well. -
I think there is also the fact that healers heal one by one whereas entering or standing near a temple heals large groups simultaneously
-
Hmm, meaning everything else stacks? For example, Battlefield Medicine and temple aura?
-
Hello team, I have a question: does health regeneration from Battlefield medicine stack with healing buff from garrisoning with Living Conditions?
-
Release Preparation of A27.1
Outis replied to Itms's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
I can also confirm it runs -
Release Preparation of A27.1
Outis replied to Itms's topic in Game Development & Technical Discussion
@little Guest you beat me to it @Itms i observe the same behavior, namely RC2 throws the same error on Win7, but works when i replace the 2 files manually with the versions from the other post. I also notice the creation dates of the 2 files from the other post are more recent than those from the RC2. -
@ItmsIT WORKS!!! Thank you very very much . You guys are the best . Pinging @Oxenstierna
-
Hey @wowgetoffyourcellphone, this may be a good candidate for the Galatian wonder: "The ‘oak sanctuary’ of Galatia, the Celtic province of Asia Minor, as described by Strabo (1st cent. ad), the Roman geographer. A council of the Galatians met here." https://www.oxfordreference.com/display/10.1093/oi/authority.20110803095732249
-
Indeed, a human player's ability to manage each unit efficiently decreases as there are more units, which is not the case for the AI. The AI booms uncontrollably if left unchecked.
-
You can almost ignore sandbox but very easy still poses a challenge.
-
Thank you very much, this has been very enlightening.
-
I was worried about safety. For instance, logging into my google account. In fact, that is the reason i kept my old laptop disconnected. No, bitlocker is not activated.
-
Yes, but this one has other issues. For one, the fan is loud. It also heats up if I block the fan outlet (same root cause I guess). Even after opening it up and thorougly cleaning it. Some keys stopped working. The battery is dead. And, worst of all, Vulkan doesnt work on this one . I mean I bought it when Starcraft 2 came out with my first salary. When we thought RTS was forever... Then, well, it wasnt... Until, I came upon 0 AD! Ok, Im digressing. I meant to say, maybe it is best I give my old laptop a dignified end. Its service was admirable. Like this one? https://www.amazon.de/KingSpec-Internal-Compatible-Desktop-Laptop/dp/B0B2K51BHH/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=583EK7IRS2QB&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.3h15Y7xYyv_hOMXAcXgTt76MeBSSaKk8Kg_5rdjotEMMlXtfoS9mZsZh4Emdx6j01NesKuLfpjgYc18M5l1Ap4fUYgoiwJIRGBp0MM0E12lsqn-7XujyIDEMtkC4zM47RHti4VO8taPVu1wc8qvOHqYNlv9Qg-wASYyTCx1XmxAOqBabi-NlzIfYPGUse9wY1bjDuxMnlHE6ceMyFDPkFA.P9GNpKwVYWtVVjV4eImgZDFi4zbagu6G90wYj8x25Yw&dib_tag=se&keywords=laptop+ssd+1tb&qid=1744753938&sprefix=laptop+ssd+1tb%2Caps%2C187&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1 But do you suggest to keep Win 10? The end of life is October. Isnt that just delaying the investment on a Win 11 compatible laptop just a bit more?
-
Both have HDD only. Unfortunately, its HDDs all the way down... Is this a problem to have a Linux Mint only setup?
-
This is mainly for my wife. For office stuff, I can use my work laptop.
-
This is not an issue for me at all
-
Well, not really... Win 10 and HDD are not a good combination... I was throwing around downgrading this one to Win 8 as an option, hence my question about Win 8 above. I can feel my beard grow as I watch this one boot up... Thank you
-
So, I understand the Linux world is quite wide compared to Windows... Which distribution would you recommend for old laptops? By the way, I am looking to run A27 as I have no problems running A26 with Win 7.
-
Youre very kind indeed. Hmm. Well... Prepare to be mindblown... Im playing with my laptop, Intel Core i7 Q720 1.60 GHz with 2GB RAM, NVIDIA Geaforce GT 335M graphic card. I have half a mind to appropriate my wife's laptop because it runs Windows 10, cannot upgrade to Windows 11, and after Windows 10's end of life, she will not use it. Specs are: Intel Core i5-5200U @2 20 GHz with 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 820M graphic card I only play 0 AD with this machine nowadays. Well, as mentioned, I only use this for 0 AD. I keep it disconnected from Internet. I use my work laptop or my wife's laptop in case I need a Windows device for any other task. Why so old? I did not upgrade to Win 8 because Win 7 is great and Win 8 is... well... Win 8. Win 10 was out of question due to the specs as you might have guessed. I took good care of it and it served its purpose until now. I have both, but soon I will have none... because we are having a baby!!! Well, I might want to buy a new laptop for other reasons. As I mentioned, my wife will want a new Windows laptop after Win 10's end of life this October. Also it is when the baby is due, so she will be home without the work laptop and may need a personal laptop more. My laptop is too old now and having other problems like loud fan noise, broken keys, dead battery etc. Another option is to install Linux to my wife's old laptop and use that, but dual operating system won't work because it can't handle Win 11. I have never used Linux, but I am open minded. Would you recommend going with Linux alone? I mean I think Microsoft office programs won't work and that may be a deal breaker...
