Jump to content
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Well two things were contributing to this and got better in this PR : 1. Elephants were unable to push other not moving units. => Now they give 0 sh!t about any dwarfs sitting on their path. Which increase their mobility by a immeasurable amount already. 2. Obstruction handling was not too resilient. => According to path requests sent, on my benchmarks, the path requests are down by a lot relative to main, meaning units handle obstructions better.   Yes making them "solids" is very challenging on plenty of points. But I have a feeling it's doable, let's see if @guerringuerrin find a way to prove we are still far off succeeding. With the UnitMotion refactoring of this PR, iterating is also much faster, and things are compartmentalized.
    • Ok, that is quite unfortunate, but maybe for now we can let it slide (no pun intended).   I just wanted to make the effect quite evident :P, but here the same without so much micro: vvv.mp4 It seems to me they should rotate more and slide less, but at the same time, one doesn't want "elephants moving shoulder to shoulder might also wiggle a bit more". This seems similar to the impedance issue I mentioned before, but for pushes causing torques: taking into account the relative velocity of the elephants should improve the issue (if you already do it, maybe it should be done more strongly? I have not gone through the whole code, just in case).
    • Modern reconstruction. 1940s reconstruction  (it seems more like that it was from a headdress than a helmet due to how thin the metal is)   Drawing of similar horns from Runnabehy (ignore the helmet in the middle, it is Gaulish or Gallo-Roman)  
    • Do you have a portfolio ? Or anything you'd like to improve / work on on the game ? Welcome
    • I am aware that these are mutually exclusive to a degree. I am just saying elephants and ships are already very clumsy as is. On the ship side, there have been discussions to scale down ships for a while which would help. For elephants, we have the upside of improved pathing through own and enemy units, which is sick, but problems are clear when handling forests and buildings. Unless I am mistaken, it seems like these 3 points are less "mission critical" to the elephant attack and charge effects.
×
×
  • Create New...