The evolution of helmets comes from the Attic line with elements of the Imperial coolus.
The neck protector is shorter. And so are other protectors on the upper... It does not have the visor reinforcements Nor the reinforcements in the Cheekpieces
I think this is the correct approach. The game doesn't give everyone everything they actually used, but a limited set consisting of the most representative units for a given civ. A large roster only implies most units will be constantly ignored, while those included have to be just sufficient to somewhat reproduce the most known tactics used by said civ.
I think he means the reality of war, one of the main reasons not to have pregnant women or children in the game and be content with the present level of abstraction in that sense. Although none of this justifies pikes through walls
Actually the modern game as we know it (not counting pong, which is a sports game lol) originates from TTRPGs like DnD, which in turn come from the work of authors such as Tolkien.
Maybe your’s isn’t, I’ll have you know that I find reality very fun.