[Project] Ocelotlazohteotl (Mesoamerican 0AD Mod)

Trinketos

0YCYu7F.png

This error usually happens if you have vertices or edges that are not conforming a triangle. These are called "loose vertices". To get rid of them:

-Select your mesh

-Hit TAB to enter edit mode

-Hit Ctrl+TAB and switch to face selection mode

-Now make sure to select all the faces with "A" (or double "A" if you had anything selected already)

-Hit "H" to hide all the selected faces

-HIT Ctrl+TAB again and now change the mode to vertex selection

-Toggle between "select all" and deselect hitting A some times and look for single vertices and delete them.

This basically only "hides" faces and polygons, and then switch to vertex mode, so you can only see vertices that are disconnected from your mesh.

DAE files throws that errors when trying to import single vertices and sometimes single edges.

• Like 1

3V8RS9ys.pngBCzIYNns.png4f01Uzds.png

como hago para ver eso

This problem are normals facing the wrong way. (inverted normal faces do not result in error when importing)

To solve this, you can try with blender "auto correct" normals:

-Select the object and TAB to edit mode.

-Select All with "A"

-Hit Ctrl+N to recalculate normals.

If this auto correct is not perfect, you can always flip the faces of the polygons that you want:

-In edit mode select all the faces you want to flip normals with shift-right click to keep adding to the selection

-When you have all the faces you want to flip normals, in face mode hit "W" for the specials menu, and select "Flip normals"

• Like 1

preferglsl = truegentangents = true

Did you set these two both as true?

That error is because he is unable to (what reason that might be) compile the ARB shader. Set preferglsl to true replaces ARB shaders with GLSL shaders, which might solve the error. Another solution might be that your model is not 100% correct which the program doesn't like.

Edited by niektb

preferglsl = truegentangents = true

Did you set these two both as true?

That error is because he is unable to (what reason that might be) compile the ARB shader. Set preferglsl to true replaces ARB shaders with GLSL shaders, which might solve the error. Another solution might be that your model is not 100% correct which the program doesn't like.

preferglsl = true I got this in true

I had to join the mesh.

Also created an actor file for it (using mauryan temple.xml).

Worked in Atlas. Yet there might be issues left. (surprisingly the textures fit not too bad)

According to what I understand of the image works with other textures,it be that I did my texture is the problem

post-15906-0-96624100-1398977826_thumb.p

• Like 1

Thx. Enrique. Say, is it just me or have I somehow now introduced two meshes in one? Which usually should not even be possible?

Or is the roof a prop?

If you combined the two meshes into one object with ctrl+J then the game just read it as one object. If you didn't join them and there's no error in atlas it may be that the collada exporter in blender is getting better and now can handle more than one object and joins them automatically. But no, props don't appear in the actor automatically, you have to set them up in the .xml

Yes that's what I feared. I used your Mauryan xml and eventhough I changed the mesh, still both show up mixed, because the temple has no rounded roof.

<group>      <variant frequency="100" name="Temple">       <mesh>structural/meso_civic_center_new.dae</mesh>       <props>          <prop actor="props/structures/mauryans/temple_struct_b.xml" attachpoint="root"/>       </props>       <textures>          ...
I apparently mixed it. My fault. So if you wish to use another prop in the Temple variant, then feel free to change it Trinketos.

The variant name Temple, do we have to consider something when we choose it? I think for the animations the name is important, but here I don't really know.

Yes indeed. At first I didn't even notice it. Then suddenly I thought .. oh, what did I post in the forum. Forgot to change the mesh!! And then I already prepared to a laughing crowd in this forum .. just waiting to tell me that didn't upload the temple civil center, but just the mauryan one. And I didn't even notice. It made me feel strange.

Great you put it in as a prop. I could use it for prop demolition. Have to test what the main mesh looks like then.