Idea: Attack structures in a more "realistic" way.

Lopess

3 分钟前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

不是所有的都容易着火,一个市场不等于一堵墙。

YnozFJh.png

7l2J0BU.png

If a building is entirely made of stone, it will not catch fire at all. You can refer to the data of the mirror mod I gave you earlier. Stone walls can block burning, and fortresses are extremely resistant to flames.
Buildings such as fortresses or towers will not be damaged by thrown torches or flaming arrows due to the stone surface, but their interior wooden structure is not guaranteed, this is combined with a suggestion made by others before. , when you choose to delete the building, the building will not disappear directly, but will be slowly ignited from the inside. At this time, if the personnel are not evacuated in time, they will burn to death together with the building.

• Like 1

I agree with @BreakfastBurrito_007, any arson and fire arrows should just be an animation of the current anti-building attacks with no damage modifications or new mechanics. Melee units can just "start fires" and maybe archers could have a flaming projectile for when they attack buildings.

In general, I think this level of realism is unnecessary. If we must add something like this, we should absolutely avoid the AOE3/AOE4 style torching.

4 分钟前,real_tabasco_sauce 说:

我同意 @BreakfastBurrito_007 的观点,任何纵火和火箭都应该只是当前反建筑攻击的动画,没有伤害修改或新机制。 近战单位可以“开火”,也许弓箭手可以在攻击建筑物时使用燃烧的射弹。

总的来说,我认为这种程度的现实主义是不必要的。 如果我们必须添加这样的东西,我们应该绝对避免 AOE3/AOE4 风格的火炬。

The animation itself is not important, the important thing is that the soldier should have a "siege" attack that specifically targets buildings in addition to the main attack, and it should be the same for all types of soldiers, for example, the power of the torch will not be because it is a Whether the swordsman is still a slinger or a cavalryman to throw it changes.

• Like 1

Just now, AIEND said:

"siege" attack that specifically targets buildings in addition to the main attack, and it should be the same for all types of soldiers, for example, the power of the torch will not be because it is a Whether the swordsman is still a slinger or a cavalryman to throw it changes.

I guess this looks nice from a real life simulation standpoint, but from multiplayer gameplay perspective, this is bad gameplay.

• Like 1

Just now, Stan` said:

Or you could have the stats mirror the other damage stats.

We could also have a gamemode (like the deathmatch mode) that resets the stats to a certain value so that it's one in SP  and a various value in MP.

there should be a competitive mode. That way we don't get into these controversies.

11 minutes ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

好吧,尤其是在AOE3中,它使围攻和突袭变得愚蠢,坦率地说,这很无聊。 我们不能用这个机制来代替捕获,那会很糟糕。

There is no need for the capture mechanic to be removed, otherwise it will just turn us into a saboteur destroying all the city buildings in the game, instead I think the siege attack of the soldiers should be linked to the capture mechanic, as mentioned in a previous thread discussed.

11 分钟前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

您只需要提供更少的火属性,但比穿刺伤害和切割伤害更好。

And the power of torches will not change due to any upgrades, so players still have to rely on siege weapons in the later stage, especially to deal with facilities such as stone walls that are immune to flames. Of course, I think his idea is that the addition of flames will make P1's quick attack Becomes more violent, structures like wooden walls can't stop the burning, especially cavalry attacks may be unstoppable, but this is an old problem, I used to think that cavalry or even infantry should not be in P1, I didn't hesitate Added flames to the mirror mod because these changes have been made.

38 分钟前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

如果你移除它,弓箭手/长矛兵会用导弹/或近战攻击来破坏它,就好像它是一座纸质建筑一样。

If we add fire, it means that soldiers can only use siege attacks (whether torches or incendiary arrows) to destroy buildings, not the spears, swords and arrows in general that they use against units, then buildings are Don't worry about encountering damage types other than crush and fire.

1 hour ago, AIEND said:

If we add fire, it means that soldiers can only use siege attacks (whether torches or incendiary arrows) to destroy buildings, not the spears, swords and arrows in general that they use against units, then buildings are Don't worry about encountering damage types other than crush and fire.

That is already technical, that depends on how they define it.