Flare disabled for observers

Darkcity

My tendency would be to treat defeated players as observers and cut them off from their former allies - they can no longer access the team chat at that point either. However, they could still keep their color when flaring to observers - they also keep their color in the global chat.

• Like 1

To my knowledge, players can only be muted in the lobby chat, but not the pregame or ingame chats. I wonder why, though, since hosts can already kick and ban players - so, I imagine adding a mute command to be pretty straightforward.

15 hours ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

If possible, it would be a nice touch to hide the observer flares of players you have muted.

I'd even go as as far and say this is a must, flares can be much more annoying than chat messages.

15 minutes ago, Vantha said:

To my knowledge, players can only be muted in the lobby chat, but not the pregame or ingame chats. I wonder why, though, since hosts can already kick and ban players - so, I imagine adding a mute command to be pretty straightforward.

I'd even go as as far and say this is a must, flares can be much more annoying than chat messages.

See https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4871

And @Itms rewrite here https://gitlab.com/na-Itms/0ad/-/compare/master...moderation?from_project_id=188465

• Thanks 1

I'd like to submit the code now, but it comprises of two split features that should probably get a pull request of their own. Firstly, the chat notifications, and secondly (built on top of it) the observer flares. They are very interconnected and I would like to have both pull requests open at the same time (especially since the chat notifications would become kinda pointless should the observer flare code be rejected).

How should I do that? Open a pull request on the main 0ad repo for the base code (chat notifications) and then open another one to that new branch on my fork containing the additional code (observer flares)?