Terra Magna Reborn

Lopess

Second diff: all errors fixed, fortress model applied.

Existing non-technical problems:

• We are using too many Gaul Icons, vercingetorix and the other Gaul heroes are still there as placeholders icons. 
  • Fort looks awkward: circular base, but rectangular shaped building... it's also a bit shifted. It doesn't really affect gameplay but still looks awkward
  • Too OP: basically Gauls on Steroids: OP eco, OP military, OP champions, OP hero, OP storehouse... the only weakness is almost no siege, but that is countered by having OP military and axeman. 

Iberians can beat them easily by hiding behind towers and walls, but everyone else stand 0 chance. 

kate2.diff

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yekaterina said:

Second diff: all errors fixed, fortress model applied.

Existing non-technical problems:

• We are using too many Gaul Icons, vercingetorix and the other Gaul heroes are still there as placeholders icons. 
  • Fort looks awkward: circular base, but rectangular shaped building... it's also a bit shifted. It doesn't really affect gameplay but still looks awkward
  • Too OP: basically Gauls on Steroids: OP eco, OP military, OP champions, OP hero, OP storehouse... the only weakness is almost no siege, but that is countered by having OP military and axeman. 

Iberians can beat them easily by hiding behind towers and walls, but everyone else stand 0 chance. 

kate2.diff 10 kB · 1 download

Thanks for being so helpful, by the way.

• 4 months later...

nomads.zip

@wowgetoffyourcellphone @borg- @chrstgtr

I made some major gameplay revisions for the two nomadic civilizations in terra magna, Scythians and Xiongnu.

• Horses can't build
  • buildings must be in own territory
  • nomadic civ bonus where buildings decay 5x slower.
  • Ovoos are a weak but cheap territory root that may be built in neutral territory, available p1. Stone upgrades are back in the storehouse.
  • Scythian women promote to maiden infantry.
  • Maiden cavalry are available from the temple in p2 and are a fast, weak, high damage raiding unit.
  • Skilurius has a cavalry discount and can directly train maiden cavalry.
  • Scythians have p2 access CS javelin infantry and in p3 unlock champion spear infantry using a tech.(with a new mixin merc_inf_champ)
  • xiongnu start with axemen and access swordcav and spearmen in p2.
  • xiongnu yurts can upgrade to royal yurts in p2 which train 3 warlords for each royal yurt.
    • warlords start as high damage, vulnerable axemen that can weopon switch to a cavalry archer which is only slighly slower.
    • Royal yurt limit of 5 means total of 15 possible warlords
    • warlords cost extra food and metal and provide a damage and speed aura for surrounding units
  • Xiongnu can access 'Han diplomacy' from the CC in p2, which allows the construction of the han embassy (academy). 
    • In p2, the embassy can train mercenary crossbows.
    • in p3, the technology unlocks catapults and medium warships, as well as allowing champion chariots and spear infantry from the embassy.
Spoiler

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 7.03.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 7.02.53 PM.png

I think this is a great framework from where we can proceed, but a few things are still needed:

• Xiongnu 'heavy cavalry' spearcav champ (use icon from warlord, which was a spearcav)
  • Warlord needs a new icon featuring an axe.
  • Royal yurt = bigger yurt with more bling.
  • some really basic ships for xiongnu/scythians.
    • I think even some raft style vessels will suffice, but they have to have some navy.
    • here, I toyed with the concept of a 'mercenary' chinese ship for the xiongnu.
  • The stable needs some structure: some small yurt attached, or a shed-like structure.
  • For the scythians, split the corral from the stable (my opinion)
  • Ideally, they should also have some sort of siege workshop and dock.
  • lastly, figure out what is going on with technologies and civ bonuses. You will see that there are a lot of duplicates in the civ bonuses part of civ overview. I deleted these, but they remain :l
    • I also deleted the special yurt based phase up for xiongnu since it is OP, but this also remains unfazed.
Edited by real_tabasco_sauce
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1