any extended game guide?

runebar

@runebar I learned a lot by going through the Structure Tree (accessible from the title menu or by clicking on the civ emblem top/center in game). You don't get an overview but you can go through each civ separately.

If you hit 'Development' at the top of the page, you can find a lot of helpful stuff, like a basic strategy guide. Some youtubers have guides on booming, build orders etc. @Yekaterina also has such a document out there.

And ofc I learned a lot by playing. 'Do I need the woodcutting (or other eco) upgrades?' Answer in general: yes.

If you want to learn about the specialties of each civ and become knowledgeable about the game, I would recommend reading the structure tree and civilisation descriptions in game. Hover your mouse over icons to see the exact statistics of each building and unit. You can also study the behaviour of AIs (using revealed map) and experiment with units in the Atlas scenario editor. 

If you are aiming to defeat other players, then this guide is for you: 

• Thanks 1