[Gameplay A26] Hyrcanian Cavalry balancing - patch and mod (balancing advisors)

Hyrcanian cav: what to do?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do we buff axe cav in general or do we also differentiate persians with axe cav raiding unit? See the mod and patches for additional details.

• Leave axe cav as is (please no trolling)
    • Just buff the basic stats of axe cav (https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4683)
    • buff basic stats of axe cav AND make hyrcanian cav a costly unique raiding unit for persians with additional speed. (see mod, and https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4674))

4 voted in approval of the full buff, but I imagine these voters would also approve of the second "lite" buff to axecav. This makes the vote 7 to 1.

In light of recent Persia changes, the simple buff (https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4683) is better anyway.

Are people still interested in this balancing adjustment?

@chrstgtr @LetswaveaBook

On 10/7/2022 at 1:41 AM, LetswaveaBook said:

I think any reasonable buff is better than the current situation.

However, Persia has two types of melee CS cavalry and we could try to do something to make axe cav a little special other than giving it comparable DPS to a sword cavalry.

@LetswaveaBook this is why my original patch specifically differentiated pers axe cav into a raiding unit. One person didn’t like that idea and now i think it would be OP for the civ, considering recent changes.

I still think the game should allow a much faster, weaker raiding unit, perhaps it should go to a future civ.

the “lite” buff still differentiates axe cav further from sword cav, without them being plainly bad units: 1.5x attack repeat time, keeps crush damage per second, keeps low armor. 

Crush damage per second should remain as is because these units could already knock down CCs fairly easily.

3 hours ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

now i think it would be OP for the civ, considering recent changes.

I think most factions need a considerable buff to be on par with Ptolemies, so I think that balance wouldn't be a problem. The Ptolemies get a food tickle from the start and the Persians only after they spent time and resources for building the ice house.

Also, I think it would be nice for a change if the best faction for a change wouldn't be the one with the best eco.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LetswaveaBook said:

I think most factions need a considerable buff to be on par with Ptolemies, so I think that balance wouldn't be a problem. The Ptolemies get a food tickle from the start and the Persians only after they spent time and resources for building the ice house.

Also, I think it would be nice for a change if the best faction for a change wouldn't be the one with the best eco.

Well to be honest, I like the full buff more too (the poll seems to agree), but @borg- really doesn't like it. It's not really clear why. People who tested it with me seemed to like them.

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce
  • Like 1