Game doesn't end when every enemy is killed and all their buildings are destroyed

Karmo

About half of the time when I play random 1v1 match against AI the game doesn't end when there's nothing left to do anymore. I can't say how to reproduce this because it seem to happen randomly. I just spent 2h exploring entire map. Killed all enemies and destroyed all buildings and even fields. Is it a bug or I am still missing something? I'm still quite new 0ad player. Sometimes I win the game easily if I just destroy enemy civil centers even when there's still lots of other enemy buildings and people left. I'm using alpha 25 version of the game.

Hey @Karmo and welcome to our forums! :)

You might want to check which victory conditions you are using (found in the "Game Type" tab). The one I use the most against the AI is "Conquest Civic Centre", since that makes you win when the AI has no CC left. But the default "Conquest" dictates that you need to destroy even hard-to-find foundations. Thus it can happen you have searched the whole map but don't find that last foundation.

@Karmo When you (save and) exit the game you can check if the enemy actually has any units left.

You could change the victory conditions as @Freagarach suggested, but if you want to stick with the "kill'em all!" approach, here are a few hints:

• the last resort of the AI is usually trying to build a dock (no own territory needed); check the coasts, rivers, puddles... outside your territory
  • if (female) workers have no dropsite left, they'll usually just stand around where they were last collecting resources; see if you can spot working sites and look around there
  • a lonely woman standing around in a forest or at the edge of the map is easy to miss; send aggressive cav with attack-move to different directions

HTH. If you encounter another game you feel should have ended maybe upload a save here.

Exactly as @Gurken Khan said. Happened to me multiple times (i play FFA 8 players). Usually AI will start CC foundations outside your territory, place docks foundations near some shore or hold some building captured. If you play with "kill all enemy units" checked, defeated enemy might still have some NPC around (same as above - when you owned all enemy buildings, enemy workers will stand still and won't move). Best way is to select some units and order them to attack-move (CTRL+right click in default settings). That way your units will travel into given direction but will attack any encountered enemy object (building or unit).