I Finished it this week!

Yes. I finished it this week. I got a new computer and my mom is going to take my other one. Anyway, i bought all the parts of Newegg and assembled it myself. If you are curious it is a:

AMD 64 3500+ Winchester

ASUS "A8V Deluxe" Motherboard

2GB PC3200 RAM

200GB Western Digital hard drive 8MB buffer 7200rpm (Already had in old computer)

120GB Barracuda Seagate SATA II hardrive 8MB buffer 7200rpm

ATI X800 Pro video card

Pioneer DVR-108 DVD burner

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 (Salvaged out of my old computer too)

Thermaltake case with 420 watt psx and the computer has 9 cooling fans in all.

I love it. So far i am so incredibly happy with it. The whole system cost me $1400 i think(the 400 dollar graphics card was so worth it). It is so xtreme. I get 60fps on Doom 3 1600*1200 resolution at Ultra Quality. I may give some pictures when i add some more lights to the case. If i had gotten the same system off Alienware it would have cost me i belive $2500.

320GB total?!?!!?

Yikes! That's almost 10 times the amount of space I have in my computers.

Is building a computer hard? Or expensive? (Not an insane :) one like you have, a normal one)

Because I would love to finally get a computer that doesn't have it's entire hard drive filled up with a Windows partition an doesn't have a crappy graphics card.

I'm sick of the extremely cheap computers we buy where most of the money is for an OS I don't need anyway.

Is building a computer hard? Or expensive? (Not an insane ;)  one like you have, a normal one)

Because I would love to finally get a computer that doesn't have it's entire hard drive filled up with a Windows partition an doesn't have a crappy graphics card.

I'm sick of the extremely cheap computers we buy where most of the money is for an OS I don't need anyway.

No, it's not hard. It's actually quite simple, in my opinion. Here is an excellent guide aimed at someone who has never built a PC before. It breaks it down step-by-step and explains everything thoroughly. In fact, I think that choosing which parts to buy is harder than assembling the components themselves - seriously! :)

What's great about building your own PC is that you can customize it exactly the way you want, and you often save a good amount of money over retail stores. I've never bought a PC at a retail store or online retail store - my current PC was a barebones system I got at a local shop and upgraded through the years. Not quite as good as building one myself, but still way better than buying it retail. If and when I get a completely new PC, I'll build it completely from scratch.

Nice rig, Brian! :P That should last you for quite a few years to come.

I got new speakers today! I got logitech z5300 speakers. 5.1 surround sound and 220 watt plus 500 watt peak power. I just put them in and they are absolutely amazing. They came with a control that controls the subwoofer volume, master volume, fade volume, and center speaker all seperately.

@Dnas: Assembling a computer is a snap. Took me like 4 hours to completely assemble it from scratch and install the OS. The only problem is that i had to get a new graphics card, so that delayed me. I was going to use my 9700 Pro AIW but that wasn't compatable with my motherboard so i got an X800 Pro. After 4 hours of driving all over town, from Ventura to Los Angeles, I finally found one store that had an X800 Pro in stock. I bought it immediately and didn't let go of it. Then i yelled, "It's mine!" Then i went home and plugged it into my computer. Expensive, yes. It was completely worth it IMO and there is no game that has been able to stump it yet on absolute highest settings.