How to ask resources from AI Ally?

bigaxd

3 minutes ago, bigaxd said:

Also, the ally usually takes up all my space and I'm left without space to build in lol, how does the building placement in ally territory mechanics work?

Only few buildings can be build in ally territory. However you can build big buildings directly at the border to take more space from you ally - if he doesnt have any buildings there. This doesnt work with Athenian Gymnasiums though (They are so big that there is no new space left)

18 hours ago, bigaxd said:

Is it possible to ask my AI ally to send me resources through chat o any other mechanic?

I'm also curious about that; I don't know of any way.

18 hours ago, bigaxd said:

Also, the ally usually takes up all my space and I'm left without space to build in lol, how does the building placement in ally territory mechanics work?

??? I've never had an ally build a single building in my territory.

39 minutes ago, thephilosopher said:

I've never been able to ask an AI ally for resources, though I've actually had an AI ally send resources to me unprompted. When it's happened, it's been something I was particularly low on, compared to my other resources. I assume there's something programmed into the AI that checks for resource imbalances in allies.

I guess one has to bank on the generosity of the ally. ;)

The AI is omniscient, and I too believe there's some check coded for what I'm low on. That also goes the other way round, when it requests resources it's something I have a bunch of; unpleasant when I'm saving for sth specific, like Will to Fight... I noticed that in a25 the ally will ask for resources even if it has several hundreds or even >1000.

• Like 1