How to (sub-)select a specific number of a certain type of unit from a large bunch of (mixed) (selected) units?

Dear Developers and Community!

Is there a way to sub-select a number of N from X selected units? E.g., I have selected 20 archers by double-click. Now I want to select only 5 of them. Currently, I do this with the rectangle, which is very often difficult when there are lots of units, frequently even different units mixed. In such situations, maybe a sub-selection function could be beneficial.

Besides, can you provide me with some best-practice hints how to select a specific number of a certain type of unit from a large bunch of mixed units. E.g., I have a larger assembly of different units farther away from my empty tower and would like to have 5 archers garissoned there. What is the most recommended way doing this, i.e. how can I select exactly 5 archers from let's say 30+ different units? (to then send them to that empty tower) Thank you! :)

3 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Currently, I do this with the rectangle, which is very often difficult when there are lots of units, frequently even different units mixed.

When I want to do sth like that I do an area selection until I have at least the number of desired units in it; other units I kick out by CTRL+click on their icon. Should I have more than the desired number of units in my selection I CTRL+click them individually; since they're marked they stick out and with the ctrl held a mis-click won't change anything.

• Like 1