Creating sequences of orders

Ceres

Is is possible to create sequences of orders in 0 A.D.? I know that I can send different destination points one after the other for e.g. a fisherman, so the boat goes from one to the next (hopefully I describe this correctly), but I mean more complex stuff, e.g. build 8 archers and then turret them on a wall. ;)

Edited by Ceres

36 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Is is possible to create sequences of orders in 0 A.D.? I know that I can send different destination points one after the other for e.g. a fisherman, so the boat goes from one to the next (hopefully I describe this correctly), but I mean more complex stuff, e.g. build 8 archers and then turret them on a wall. ;)

Shift then click.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Ceres said:

Thanks, but that does not always work for me. I will try again and maybe explain in more detail. :blush:

It depends what you want to do, the game is similar to other RTS in that case.

You hold shift then start collecting berries then click of wood, then they will go for wood after finish first task. Same happen with buildings.

I think that whenever I play I do that .

• Like 1

Let's assume I have a wall of 3 segments with 4 turrets. To my recollection, each segment can hold 8 and each turret 4 units (maybe different from civ to civ, but not so relevant for my question).

Now I would like my CC to train appropriate units (e.g. archers) and to send them to the aforementioned wall segments and turrets until they are all occupied. Of course I would need to ensure that enough units are trained.

What do I have to do to accomplish this? (if possible at all) There are 2 different types of destination - wall segments and turrets, and it's unclear to me how to set rally points appropriately.

Thank you so much for your hints! :)

you can shift-click with rally points as well. You have to select the cc, and with the mouse right button, click on a wall segment: trained soldiers will go there and enter the building. If one destination is not enough, you can shift-click to further rally points (shift-right click on wall segments and turrets), so that trained soldiers will go to the first wall element, and if they find it fully occupied, they try with the second, and so on until they have toured all the rally points.