Bug with projectile impact volume?

Fulano5321

I finally got driven nuts by the constant impact sound and went to go mod it, but I think I found an error that is making the sound so loud.

It looks like the file is missing the GainUpper and GainLower entries. I suspect this defaults to 1 or something when that is missing? I see other files range from 0.4 to 0.5 when they have the random volume option enabled.

I haven't made the mod yet, but figured I'd mention it here.

• Like 1

Thanks! So I guess that's my question, if the default volumes are louder than normal, because this particular sound effect seems extra loud.
I've been messing with modding the XML file it but haven't really seen a difference in volume, the latest try being set to 0, so I'm obviously doing something wrong but hopefully get it figured out soon.

Does a save game get changed by updated mod files? For example, if I change the volume setting in the mod, then reload the game does it get the data from the mod still or is the data saved in the save game?

While we were reviewing sound assets @Samulis discovered that they were not normalized correctly, and that's what happened with this one. It's probably louder than the others.

You can set the gain in the XML  to something lower. You need to restart the game for the change to take effect.

Yes savegames and replays will adjust.

• Like 1