Hero and champion for the Zapotecs in Terra Magna

Lopess

Some ideas I hope will help.

Jaguar King

P: Bonuses in the capture of structures of the nearby units representing the expansion of mount Alban after 200 BC.

S: A small trickle of resources representing the tributes of the cities conquered by the Zapotecs.

Battle Priest

P : Maintains current aura.

S: Bonus in obtaining glory. (ritualistic sacrifice of captured enemies ??)

Special Technology: Water management was very important to them, just like agriculture, anything like that would be well placed. Including the outskirts of the city of Monte Alban, even in the hills there were plantations.

Mount: If we had animation for litters it would be very good for that.

Google translater

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I would like to add some yeah. Any ideas???

Due to the lack of translation of the old zapotec, it is difficult to obtain definitive evidence of mercenaries hired at that time, but we know uneasily that mercenaries existed in the Mesoamerican world (for example, the Aztecs were mercenaries as soon as they arrived in the valley of Mexico). But there were certainly alliances between kingdoms / peoples in wars. I believe that the best options would be.

Mixtec warriors: neighbors who several similar cultural characteristics that in certain moments or were rivals or allies.

Otomis: Their warriors were known for their bravery, in addition to being used as mercenaries by the Aztec empire.

I believe that a generic unit "mesoamerican ally warrior" with a mace or spear dice would also fit.

After the 50d.c./100d.c years an obvious choice would be a Teotihuacan warrior.

68c6e2d5efa4e93cfd4ec19657a49007.jpg

merc_mixteca.jpg

Edited by Lopess
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lopess said:

Due to the lack of translation of the old zapotec, it is difficult to obtain definitive evidence of mercenaries hired at that time, but we know uneasily that mercenaries existed in the Mesoamerican world (for example, the Aztecs were mercenaries as soon as they arrived in the valley of Mexico). But there were certainly alliances between kingdoms / peoples in wars. I believe that the best options would be.

Mixtec warriors: neighbors who several similar cultural characteristics that in certain moments or were rivals or allies.

Otomis: Their warriors were known for their bravery, in addition to being used as mercenaries by the Aztec empire.

I believe that a generic unit "mesoamerican ally warrior" with a mace or spear dice would also fit.

After the 50d.c./100d.c years an obvious choice would be a Teotihuacan warrior.

68c6e2d5efa4e93cfd4ec19657a49007.jpg

merc_mixteca.jpg

https://historia.nationalgeographic.com.es/a/temibles-guerreros-ciudades-mayas_7109

generally these data can be provided by the Mayans.

_____

By the way...

It says something here about battle priests, at least in Mayan society.

NOBLES AND MERCENARIES

Today we know that each city had its men ready to fight. They were mostly nobles, the best trained and who could have the most complete equipment. The highest-ranking military officer was the Nacom, who was chosen from among the best for a period of three years. In addition to leading the troops, he also acted as a military priest.

In the Mayan armies there was no lack of mercenaries, generally of Mexican origin, who rented their services to the highest bidder. When the Nacom died in battle or was captured, the war was over and the victors returned to the city with their prisoners alive and the heads of the dead hanging from their belts.

Well, neither you nor I thought that the greatest mercenaries were always from the Valley of Mexico.

• Like 2

apparently as the archers came from the North one thing that was most imported, although the Mayans did so in the postclassic period.

We're Archers.

This means that the Mayans their projectile preference was skings and blowguns.

And that the mercenaries who came from the Valley of Mexico what they used the most were weapons from the Valley of Mexico.

Maya warriors made weapons from wood, stone, flint blades and obsidian. With these materials they made spears of different lengths and stone and obsidian axes that received the generic name of b'aj. In addition there were the jul or throwing weapons, such as blowguns, javelins and slingshots. Due to the influence of central Mexico, the atlatl, or spear thrower, was incorporated, which in the Mayan language was called jatz'om, in addition to the bow and arrows which, according to some researchers, were also introduced by Mexican mercenaries during the Postclassic period (900-1521 A.D.) or by the Chontal Maya during the Terminal Classic period (800-900 A.D.).

----------By the way I am from the cell phone I do not have to use quotes here----

This means that in the Valley of Mexico there were a number of mercenaries, we have to focus on the type of soldiers in the Valley of Mexico.

• Like 1

Weapons of attack at a distance: Among the weapons of attack at a distance that the Mixtecs used were the typical bows and arrows, whose tips must have been of obsidian, flint or flint. Also present was the use of the atlatl, a common weapon in all Mesoamerica. Melee weapons: Among the melee weapons, the Mixtecs fought with a variety of clubs and spears, some similar to the Mexica tepoztopilli, but smaller. A weapon that appears frequently in the codices is striking, it is a wooden stick bent at a 90° angle, with stone blades (whether flint, flint or obsidian) on top; this weapon seems to have been representative of the Mixtec and Zapotec area.

Source: Mixtec Culture

http://www.mexicomipais.com/cultura-mixteca

------

It should be noted that in this classic period of Mesoamerica where the Zapotecs are, they still get along well with the Mixtecs, so a force of mercenaries could be the Mixtec archers.

The only unknown here is: what military contribution to the war would the Teotihucanos have.

The other question is to see what contribution the Mayans of this time had towards the Zapotecs, what do we know that in reverse the tribes of the Valley of Mexico for so quite militarily to the Mayan conflicts.

So I would include archers, maceman, spear and some other weapon.

• Like 2

Teotihuacanos utilized military orders of eagles, jaguars, and so on, special housing, regular production of weapons, and nodal control of trade centers over 1,500 miles distant. Astronomy and religion seem to have played a large role in how and why war was carried out at the end of Teotihuacan hegemony.

---Well, I thought that the Mexica had invented that.-----

Now we can see why those Tehotihuacans were not easy to defeat.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

Sounds promising. So when can we have terra magna available for A24? We look forward to being able to play with this mod. 

It will basically depend on two aspects.

The work of the mod team. And that basically those responsible for the launches that the official team of 0A.D (Council of Modders) were going to put in agreement with a launch.

1 minute ago, Yekaterina said:

Do you think you can incorporate Han Chinese as an official civ into A25? I really like playing as them and their no-packing catapults are awesome. 

Since I came back someone had mentioned considering 14 factions.

But it will always be against what it is that they are more difficult to balance, so many civilizations that we have.

Not to mention all the ones that are planned in the team forums.The team forum is secret, but sometimes they leak the posts.

8 minutes ago, Yekaterina said:

I don't know what team forum is. Zapotecs are held back by the lack of cav, so if there is a champion/hero that can replace cav then that would be great. For example a champion that runs extremely fast will do the job. 

The "Traditional Tactics" a bonus of civilizations already makes the Zapotec infantry 50% faster than that of other civilizations, but I believe that a running unit with hunting bonuses would be something interesting too

1 hour ago, Lopess said:

68c6e2d5efa4e93cfd4ec19657a49007.jpgmerc_mixteca.jpg

These to guys would be great, as well as a version of the first that throws with an atlatl. What ethnicities are these? 

1 minute ago, Lopess said:

I believe that a running unit with hunting bonuses would be something interesting too

Definitely their Scout.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone

14 minutes ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

These to guys would be great, as well as a version of the first that throws with an atlatl. What ethnicities are these? 

The first warrior with mace and shield is an Otomi and the second with black paint and a jaguar helmet is Mixtec.

• Thanks 1

So maybe these mercs?

Mixtec Jaguar Warrior

• Mercenary Champion Spearman
    • Very much like the Gaesetae Naked Fanatic for the Gauls

Otomi Maceman

• Mercenary Maceman
    • A small Crush attack

Teotihucano Archer

• Mercenary Skirmisher
    • An extra fast archer, similar to a Cavalry Archer
    • Can upgrade to fire arrows for a ranged crush attack (to make up for a lack of ranged siege)

Atlatl can be a special technology. Adds range and accuracy for Javelin infantry. Eventual Mayas will get this special tech too.

Edited by wowgetoffyourcellphone
  • Like 1

Just now, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

So maybe these mercs?

Mixtec Jaguar Warrior

• Mercenary Champion Spearman
    • Very much like the Gaesetae Naked Fanatic for the Gauls

Otomi Maceman

• Mercenary Maceman
    • A small Crush attack

Teotihucano Archer

• Mercenary Skirmisher
    • An extra fast archer, similar to a Cavalry Archer
    • Can upgrade to fire arrows for a ranged crush attack (to make up for a lack of ranged siege)

Atlatl can be a special technology. Adds range and accuracy for Javelin infantry.

No, I would rather change Archer Mixteca and Jaguar Teotihucano.

The Teotihuacans already existed and were one of the largest cities in the year 100.

Regarding the Jaguar Mixtec warriors, I am not aware of them before the classic post, but I believe that it is to take into account that both the Mayan and Zapotec Olmecs already credited the jaguars with a great importance Ex: The jaguar clothing and helmet of the Zapotec "kings" and the Olmec priests and warrior with feline features almost as if transmuting to a jaguar.

2 minutes ago, Lopess said:

The Teotihuacans already existed and were one of the largest cities in the year 100.

Regarding the Jaguar Mixtec warriors, I am not aware of them before the classic post, but I believe that it is to take into account that both the Mayan and Zapotec Olmecs already credited the jaguars with a great importance Ex: The jaguar clothing and helmet of the Zapotec "kings" and the Olmec priests and warrior with feline features almost as if transmuting to a jaguar.

but not like Aztecs of course.

• Like 1