Member Of The Month, Members Of The Year

DarkAngelBGE

Heya all, the Community Team is planning on introducing a new feature to our community: Member of the Month and Members of the year.

The former is pretty easy: The member that did the most for our community wins and gets a special avatar (for shameless self-promotion) for the length of the following month.

Members of the Year is different: We will have different categories where you can win (you can win only in one category, though).

Here is the list of categories I have by now, feel free to add new ones to the discussion:

Funniest Member

Funniest Thread

Wisest Member

Best Thread

Most Polite Member

Community Guardian of the Year

Thanks for your support. :)

Exactly akya, that is the whole goal of the things - make people think more before they post and have some sort of competition where everybody can win something. Well, Admins would be excluded of course, I am not too sure yet about Moddies, as we (Klaas and I) want to provide the Moddies with some glory as well.

Maybe we want to add "Guardian of the Month".

We don't need a funniest member, and a funniest thread because; wouldn't they go together? And the most polite member, how would that work? What exatly do you mean? Good Idea, I like it.

Well, funniest member and funniest thread...there can be worlds between them. Funniest member would be the guy/gal who constantly enriches the Community Forums with his/her humour.

How would the elections work ? Well, for each category the guardians put together a list of people that are considered. Then all forum members can vote (one vote for each category) and the voting decides.

Maybe we want to adjust the Member of the Year thing to be Member of the Half-year.. What do you think ?

• 2 months later...

I think it'll work like this;

1. Klaas and DA have a little chat, drink some tea, have some scones. An ordinary teaparty in other words. Then they decide a few people for every category that we can vote on.

2. There'll be a poll posted in general probably (that way most people will vote), and everone just votes. Actually, there'll have to be several threads since you can only vote once, and with only one thread that'd mean you could only vote in one category.