Favorite Aspects of the Game

myosotis

I've been playing for a couple few months now and am super impressed at all of the work people have put into this game with no direct benefit to themselves.   You're all heroes.

I've also noticed a lot of negativity in this forum.  A lot of it is from people who don't seem to understand that the people developing this game are doing it out of the goodness of their hearts.  Obviously there are some things deserving of constructive criticism but my impression is that the team seems to be aware of and working on the biggest problems.

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where we talk about the things in this game that we most appreciate. I'll go first

1.  I love the territory root concept and the ability to capture or destroy a building.  It makes the strategy in the game much more complex and gives many options for styles of play.

2.  I love the vegetation artwork.  I'm a botanist by training and am impressed with accuracy!  Shout out to @LordGood  though I know there are others involved in this.

3.  The creativity of the modders and the willingness of the vanilla team to consider taking good things from the mods is really impressive and requires that people not get hung up with their own ego's

Keep up the good work y'all, ignore the haters.  Looking forward to seeing where this project ends up!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Lion.Kanzen said:

Praise to god, you can help us with some biomes, specially Tropical. Indian for example and Asia.

Wow really!  That would be neat.  I'm no expert in that region, unfortunately all my training is in North America. 

But if there is anything you need I would be happy to do a little research!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, myosotis said:

Wow really!  That would be neat.  I'm no expert in that region, unfortunately all my training is in North America. 

But if there is anything you need I would be happy to do a little research!

Thank you and welcome, what kind of species of trees are common first in India, Sothasia then Africa then Mesoamerica (Mayan Zone). We are working with Indian right now.

screenshot0116.png

City-building and map making for me. :) I treat the units as scale models and the process of map making as creating an awesome diorama. To be honest, I find myself most of the time not playing the game but creating historical diorama which fill something deep inside me. I stare a lot at the game assets, to be honest. I really love the feeling of immersion that the game offers. :)

• Like 4

Moddability; there are so many awesome mods (as you said) but it is also suprisingly easy to make adjustments yourself.

- You like the slaves from DE but don't like that they don't turn to GAIA when too far away from your own units? Easy to change.

- Strange to see units walking casually towards their target in the midst of battle? No problem, quick change and they charge.

- Want elephants to run amok instead of fighting to the death? Lets do it!

I could go on but I think you get the point ;)

Spoiler

Okay, some more:

- Morale? Check.

- Throw units back when attacking? Check.

- Less micromanagement using production buildings? Check.

Edited by Freagarach
  • Like 1