Jump to content

Improving the trading mechanic.


wraitii
 Share

Recommended Posts

One catch with trading is that you have got to make it possible for the AI in a game to do. Something that works for a player but not for the AI breaks the game. If I remember correctly AoE2 did/ allowed trader spam because it was the only way for the AI to get income late because the AI was worse at finding and securing remote mineable resources than a human player. I forget where I read that though. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

AI coding is something you shouldn't consider. If the AI can't use it just make a small workaround. I.e. make AI receive +50 silver/minute on their resources (or more depending on difficulty) when they have build a market. It's easy and does not affect "real" players.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 9 years later...
8 minutes ago, Nicolaus_von_Kues said:

I think these ideas need to be followed up and then develop the idea in depth.

Regarding "construction of 100-traders long "lines" of caravans", "just looks bad": totally agree, and have proposed solutions a couple of times.

Regarding "markets now generate income at a fixed rate": I was thinking about it to emulate "local trade".

The "logarithmic" idea is interesting, quite different from what I was in principle thinking for a new system, while I don't agree much with "garrison workers in your markets to leverage full efficiency", it seems a waste of units.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Thalatta said:

Regarding "construction of 100-traders long "lines" of caravans", "just looks bad": totally agree, and have proposed solutions a couple of times.

Regarding "markets now generate income at a fixed rate": I was thinking about it to emulate "local trade".

The "logarithmic" idea is interesting, quite different from what I was in principle thinking for a new system, while I don't agree much with "garrison workers in your markets to leverage full efficiency", it seems a waste of units.

 

The other important thing about another post is getting rid of surplus units.

The units could also return to normal civilian status.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...