[Multiplayer Lobby] - Autohost Bot

scythetwirler

Just as a little fun project, I've created an Autohost user in the Alpha 18 lobby which, as the name implies, provides a public hosted server. (Aimed at those who cannot host themselves).

Currently, functionality is rather limited:

- Set to 2v2 currently (cannot change). Currently 1v1. EDIT (20150824): It can be whatever you want! :D
- Allows you to choose civ via the @civ command in chat.
- Allows you to start the game once everyone is ready with @start.
- EDIT (20150823): Allows you to select your team with @team.

- EDIT (20150824): Allows you to select slot with @setplayer

- EDIT (20150824): Allows you to set yourself as spectator with @spectate

- EDIT (20150824): Allows you to change the number of players on the map with @numplayers

- EDIT (20151017): Allows you to change map with @selectmap

- EDIT (20151017): Allows you to change type filter with @maptype

- EDIT (20151017): Allows you to change map size with @mapsize

- EDIT (20151017): Allows you to view maplist with @listmaps
- Generic @help command.
- Autohost will automatically rehost a new game if either the game has ended or all players leave.

It's still very experimental and I may (or may not :P) add more features.

Testing would be greatly appreciated!

• Like 5

Everything derived from 0 A.D. is open source. :) I can provide a diff if requested, but currently the code is experimental, rather messy (and a hackjob) :P

Note that this won't allow you to host if you couldn't before. It merely allows one that can host to provide a service of hosting without human interaction by the host.

• Like 2

Everything derived from 0 A.D. is open source. :) I can provide a diff if requested, but currently the code is experimental, rather messy (and a hackjob) :P

Note that this won't allow you to host if you couldn't before. It merely allows one that can host to provide a service of hosting without human interaction by the host.

Hi,

I haven't work with 0ad code before, and my 'coding-skill' is not good - my job is woking around with PHP and web servers :D So I cant promise that I can make a change for autohost ;)

But, I will try to run autobot on a VPS server first, then on 2 VPS [ 1 in EU-(I dont know which country is good) and 1 in Singapore - for ASIAn user ]. And bewent 2 VPS have a fast VPN connection, and I hope I can make people from EU and Asian can play together, in 1 room and low ping :D - I wonder why 0ad didn't have 'ping-show' yet :P

• 1 month later...