Help in Blender 3D

These usually simplify the mesh into triangles, if these triangles are parallel then the 'delete->dissolve' should take care of the line in between. This may leave edges broken by vertices though, any altering of the perimeter of the shape will deform the face and be harder to keep under control. To avoid that you need to dissolve the vertices as well. If the diagonal is dividing a quadrilateral by it's existing vertices this shouldn't happen.

However if they're involved in a change in direction detailing the face and are not parallel (which I can see plenty of in the roof there) they cannot be dissolved.

Or maybe they can, I haven't done much dissolving in the new version, but if it is allowed it will likely give you the same problem as the one I mentioned above.

Best course of action would be to just leave them as they are

I'm not the best at explaining things x3

took a couple years for me to learn blender myself

ah anyway, hope this helps

• Like 2

Hi, I'm new to 3D modelling. what is the purpose of the diagonal edges in the faces in the image below? Can I just delete them?

Game engines use triangles instead of any other shape. So when you export for 0 A.D. your mesh get converted. In order to remove them, you can use ALT + J in face mode (you have to select all).

• Like 1

whaaat

you can do that?

haha nevermind what I said

Yup ! =D

Great Time saver isn't it ? XD

Thanks LordGood, It took a couple of re-reading but I kinda get the idea now. The technical terms confused me Haha :)

It works Stan, thanks! So does that mean that It is okay if some of the faces doesn't have them, like in the rear part of the model above?

They will eventually have them, though it will be in the exporting process you don't have to worry about it. If you want to do them you can use Ctrl + T :)

Is there a way to join the vertex below, to the edge above it to create a straight/vertical edge in between them? Where the new vertex is connected or is a part of the edge above and not floating on its own?

Try the "F" key while selecting the two vertices you want to link;

The "F" key connects the vertices, I want to create a vertical edge that is connected to the edge above. Like the red ones below, but I want the vertices to be a part or are connected to the edge and not independent vertices. Is there a way to do this?

/ \

| Wall | Door | Wall | <-- Structure wall

------------------------

| | | | <-- Extruded base

Edited by wackyserious