0AD units upgrade

Enrique

• 4 weeks later...

I can't wait for the cavalry to be upgraded! For me, it was one of the major downside of the game, and though I initially liked this civilization,I've never been able to really enjoy playing with the persians because of the cavalry which I didn't quite like...So I can't wait for the new models! BTW you did a fantastic work with the infantry, Enrique! It's like a new game! The spartans and romans have never looked so proud and fearsome!

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

Open some existing actros, breh. :) Specifically, ones of the same type that you are trying to create. They should tell you the prop points you need. Else, you can open the unit mesh collada -- .dae -- files in a text editor and ctrl-F "prop-"

<group>
    <variant file="biped/base_archer_ready.xml">
      <mesh>skeletal/new/m_pants_tunic_long.dae</mesh>
      <props>
        <prop actor="props/units/heads/new/head_pers_a.xml" attachpoint="head"/>
        <prop actor="props/units/heads/pers_conical.xml" attachpoint="helmet"/>
        <prop actor="props/units/heads/pers_hair.xml" attachpoint="helmet"/>
        <prop actor="props/units/weapons/arrow_back.xml" attachpoint="weapon_R"/>
        <prop actor="props/units/weapons/bow_recurve.xml" attachpoint="weapon_L"/>
        <prop actor="props/units/quiver_hip.xml" attachpoint="sheath_L"/>
        <prop actor="props/units/shields/pers_pelta_a_b_reverse.xml" attachpoint="back"/>
      </props>
    </variant>
  </group>

<group>
    <variant file="biped/base_hoplite.xml">
      <mesh>skeletal/new/m_armor_tunic_short.dae</mesh>
      <props>
        <prop actor="props/units/shields/hele_round_e.xml" attachpoint="shield_arm"/>
        <prop actor="props/units/weapons/spear_hoplite.xml" attachpoint="weapon_R"/>
      </props>
    </variant>
  </group>

• 7 months later...