Regarding updating to latest 0 A.D. version

niektb

Okay, I started fixing some stuff.

The first problem I encountered was that the Egyptians do not have a blacksmith, while the game expects it to have.

Edit: as a temporary (unless there won't be blacksmiths ever) workaround I'll remove the Egyptian Blacksmith from the buildable building

Edited by niektb
  • Like 2

Cool. Shall we try to remove as many files as possible to have it more modular? Just like Sander said to extend where possible. Next weekend I will give it a try. Also I will actually start the Mod manager then.

Prior to that I could put up a tool for simplyfying the design docs. Or we use Google Docs? I thinks it's no bad thing. Just like the Egyptian that Lion posted.

This port is for Aristeia only, is it? Will have to think about how to best make Idanwins brilliant healer converting mod available for the public mod too.

Cool. Shall we try to remove as many files as possible to have it more modular? Just like Sander said to extend where possible. Next weekend I will give it a try. Also I will actually start the Mod manager then.

Prior to that I could put up a tool for simplyfying the design docs. Or we use Google Docs? I thinks it's no bad thing. Just like the Egyptian that Lion posted.

This port is for Aristeia only, is it? Will have to think about how to best make Idanwins brilliant healer converting mod available for the public mod too.

Maybe you could start by making it part of the full game so no issue with mods.

• Like 1

I seem to encounter 2 more last errors (except conversion which I haven't tested yet, no idea how to do so)

ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/components/Attack.js line 399 ReferenceError: ApplyTechModificationsToEntity is not defined Attack.prototype.GetRange@simulation/components/Attack.js:399 BuildingAI.prototype.SetupRangeQuery@simulation/components/BuildingAI.js:106 BuildingAI.prototype.OnOwnershipChanged@simulation/components/BuildingAI.js:40ERROR: Script message handler OnOwnershipChanged failed

The Attack.js file needs to be updated, like the way Sanderd17 said to let changes in the main game have less effect on the mods.

And something related to formations:

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "simulation/templates/Box.xml"ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'Box'ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/helpers/Commands.js line 1365 TypeError: template is undefined GetFormationRequirements@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:1365 CanMoveEntsIntoFormation@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:1377 GuiInterface.prototype.CanMoveEntsIntoFormation@simulation/components/GuiInterface.js:860 GuiInterface.prototype.ScriptCall@simulation/components/GuiInterface.js:2020

That is likely due to the cause that the formations are moved to a subfolder "simulation/templates/formations/[formation].xml".

• Like 1

And something related to formations:

ERROR: CCacheLoader failed to find archived or source file for: "simulation/templates/Box.xml"ERROR: Failed to load entity template 'Box'ERROR: JavaScript error: simulation/helpers/Commands.js line 1365 TypeError: template is undefined GetFormationRequirements@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:1365 CanMoveEntsIntoFormation@simulation/helpers/Commands.js:1377 GuiInterface.prototype.CanMoveEntsIntoFormation@simulation/components/GuiInterface.js:860 GuiInterface.prototype.ScriptCall@simulation/components/GuiInterface.js:2020
That is likely due to the cause that the formations are moved to a subfolder "simulation/templates/formations/[formation].xml".

That's in the civ.json file that you need to add "formations/" in front of the available formations for that civ.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...