Some civs are under/overpowered

serveurix

I game that try to do mix AoE with Starcraft Spartan Ancient Wars. But is not was good. Too buggy.

Too bad, had some impressive artwork.

Back to the subject of civs that are under/over powered.- I just played a random map game as Persians vs Iberians, early on sent 7 Archers to attack their workforce. Wiped them out completely. All their gatherers were killed, and every new one walked right into the line of fire and died as well, until they ran out of resources. The game was essentially over at that point. That shouldn't ever happen.

Too bad, had some impressive artwork.

Back to the subject of civs that are under/over powered.- I just played a random map game as Persians vs Iberians, early on sent 7 Archers to attack their workforce. Wiped them out completely. All their gatherers were killed, and every new one walked right into the line of fire and died as well, until they ran out of resources. The game was essentially over at that point. That shouldn't ever happen.

That has nothing to do with civ balance. That is bad AI, which is a work in progress. To get a sense of proper civ balance you need to play against human players.

I thought there might be a balance issue as well as bad AI, but I guess not - I tried reversing that matchup, playing Iberians vs Persians, and pulled exactly the same trick. In both cases the AI seems to be spending its wood to create fields too early. When I wiped out their first troops they were helpless, they had nothing but food and could only create women.

The key to this was rushing them very early, using my 2 starting missile troopers and the first 5 I could produce. When I got to the AI position, they already had 3 fields planted. If I wait until I can produce 10 missile troopers, my attacking force gets wiped out and it's a competitive game.

Seems like this shouldn't be too hard to fix; the AI just needs to gather the food that's available before planting fields. Compared to some of the AI's other issues, that's pretty simple.

Out of curiosity, what civilization is the AI best at using would anyone say?

Wraitii mentioned once that it likes Persians, which seems to be fairly true in my experience. I imagine it's pretty good as Macedonians as well, although I don't play it very often any more.

It's typically pretty bad as anything without battering rams, since it doesn't handle catapults or elephants well at all.

If you play against Athenian AI. Just build a wall. It can't attack that wall, and as it will run out of resources eventually, it will go down. You can keep up your own resources via trading.

you remember when i said defeat Iberians Against Athenians, because i sorrounded my City with Walls and send Units to counter the attacking, 2 hours after they can don't send anything and i was send a lot of Pikemans and Lithobolos XD. Edited by Lion.Kanzen