Horde (Game mode)

Xeroth

This game mode allows you (or a group of friends) to start up a game, and to have a certain build time (20 or so minutes) to build up a defense area with walls and turrets and such, but with limited resources. You would have to make use of your resources to decide what to build, whether it be an army, or turrets, whether sending men to help a friendly's base is a good idea or a bad idea. After the time (the 20 minutes) waves on enemies will start spawning from the opposite side of the map, at first starting as little hordes of militia, to a decent sized army will multiple units, to armies with siege engines with armies, to armies lead by hero(es) with siege engines, and entirely champion waves.

ideas? Suggestions? feel free to add on.

Edit: oh and the enemy horde faction would be choosable.

Edited by Xeroth

That would be a cool game mode. Although the name "Horde" makes me think of Gears of War. I suggest the name "Invasion" would sound better.

I like the idea. Different difficulties would depend on how early do waves appear. Easy would be 20 minutes, Normal would be 15, and Hard would be 10. A complete game would last 60 minutes. The more AI, the more diverse the troops and directions they spawn from.

• Like 1

how do you win the game? If you can stay alive for an hour or something?This doesn't seem too hard with the currect AI, as they don't rally search for opponents, and they're bad at taking down buildings. Just watch how a game of AI players turn out. Most of the time, one AI is clearly lost, but the other doesn't bother to finish it.

Edited by sanderd17
  • Like 1

That would be a cool game mode. Although the name "Horde" makes me think of Gears of War. I suggest the name "Invasion" would sound better.

A "Horde" remembers me of this...

hordeofarchangels.png

(Archangels are the strongest trainable units in this game, and a horde is a quantity between 50-99, while you may only train 3 per week, so this 'Horde' is something a 'bit' overwhelming)

I like the idea. Once triggers are implemented, there will be tons of maps like this one you propose. Just a matter of time.

In fact, there is no need of trigger for such a mod. A simple timer will do pretty good.

I've written such a mod some time ago. Still a WIP, but I will post it in the mod section if some people are interested.

im interesting an all that reply this post, you are programmer, can you illustrate how can work?