Creative Commons, 2d game sprites.

• 3 weeks later...

I have modified Atlas to work in isometric.

I replaced line 233 of /source/tools/atlas/GameInterface/View.cpp

original:     camera.SetProjectionFromCamera(*g_Game->GetView()->GetCamera());

new:          camera.SetPerspectiveProjection(1, 512, 0.1);

It can be done!

More work is needed to export the 2d images.

• Like 1

I got it to work again today, but I had to do a similar change to the code, this time in /source/tools/atlas/GameInterface/ActorViewer.cpp, on line 532.

I made a mock-up of the tool that I would like to build:

Trade_Winds.thumb.png.aebb6c34d47157e4e7d606cd459653c5.png

Unfortunately, I'm not so good on C++

What do you think?

Boston.

• Like 1

On 21/12/2023 at 9:01 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

That would be awesome. It's been a desired feature for the game as well, ever since there was a big positive reaction to my "Isometric" videos.

We have a ticket for that: https://trac.wildfiregames.com/ticket/3653. I believe it's doable, it just needs a pair of free C++ hands.

12 hours ago, Boston said:

It would be hard to add an isometric camera to 0 A.D. because sometimes you would want the isometric camera and other times (such as during cutscenes) you'd want the perspective camera.

It's not really a problem for our engine. We can automatically switch them for cutscenes.

On 14/12/2023 at 9:12 AM, Boston said:

new:          camera.SetPerspectiveProjection(1, 512, 0.1);

We have a separate method to set an ortho projection (a classic isometric view is a special case of an orthographic projection).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, vladislavbelov said:

We have a separate method to set an ortho projection (a classic isometric view is a special case of an orthographic projection).

I've seen that. I do plan on using it in future, but setting a narrow field of view meant making less changes to the code.

I have a question. If I do use this to create a bunch of 2d animations, how do I distribute them under the terms of the creative commons licence? 

Edited by Boston

14 hours ago, Boston said:

I have a question. If I do use this to create a bunch of 2d animations, how do I distribute them under the terms of the creative commons licence? 

I suppose they fall in the "derivative works" category so they would be CC BY SA 3.0 as long as you give credit to wildfiregames it should be fine :)

• Like 2