autocivP Add-ons (profiles, team audio call, chat translation, icons, more ...)

seeh

Latest

fix hotkeys was set automatically, make SuperKey optional (disable per Default)

v1.0.23    fix that hotkeys was set automatically without asking the user

Screenshot_20230727_192355.jpg.56004081f0c8481f456d46620271e80d.jpg

add Super key not allowed. You need allow SuperKey explicitly in your settings.
remove not really important information's from the tooltip
set courser at begin of number when its 90 ... please
add description
add hint that timeNow will not fixed for lobby at the moment
update tooltip text
add two helper text

sorry this hotkeys was my default hotkeys, so i was not seeing this bug sorry. Of course I didn't often (never :sweatdrop:) notice this myself :drukqs:

Edited by seeh
  • Thanks 1

On 27/07/2023 at 3:14 PM, Atrik said:

Some features are cool, but the mod switching tab doesn't seems to save me brain calories or clicks at all compared to the normal mod selector. Didn't understood how to configure it

Latest

Edited by seeh
  • Like 1

Hi seeh,

I made a fix for your mod that is now "seen" by the Mod Manager (offline so far) after installing it and relaunching the game. I've started a new offline game versus 1 AI and it ran correctly. ^_^

Your tiny mistakes were very easy to fix up :

• file structure seemed to be wrong, now it looks like the one of the genuine autociv mod.
  • I've installed it within a folder that I've simply named "autocivP" with no version number.

How to install it :

• Either RMB click on the 7z file -> [Extract to] target :
                         "C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\My Games\0ad\mods"
  • Or open it with a double LMB click, then drag'n'drop the autocivP folder from within it to the gamedata path above.

That's all buddy.

autocivp v20230729 fix by Humanimal_.7z

Edited by Manimal
cosmetics
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, seeh said:

Releases v1.0.27

add hint how to see all icons
add hint how to temporarily reduce the sensitivity of the substitutions mechanism.
add hint whats communityMod is
fix bug missing userRating when mod fresh installed and nothing configured
remove typos
add warnings that names are limited to 25 letters

Source code (zip)

Keep up he good work.

I mistakenly thought there was a version number error, so I've put it back and re-uploaded my 7z file above.

Would it be possible to  add a buffer to the chat input box ?
This buffer might allow users to recall some lines they typed in.
(especially lines containing command switches andtheir parameters.)

20230730_081915.jpg

20230730_083037.jpg

Edited by Manimal
added pictures

Me again, about some bugs that occured during my tests :

1. 0AD spewed a "missing icon_below_1000" warning message, which can spam by clicking on some nicknames within the players list. It spewed also a "missing icon_below_1200" and "missing icon_below_1600" warning with some toher nicknames.

2. The other error happenned within the [Search Player] box by typing 2 first letters of my nickname in lowercase, and hitting the [Tab] key. This led to an App Crash + "frozen" Windows desktop, but hitting [CTRL][ALT][DEL] took me back to it with the App Crash box showing up.

3. The width of the map overview is stretched out horizontally. Should it keep its aspect ratio ?
    Just play with the vertical separator and see it being stretched or shrinked.

20230729_184007 0AD icon_below_1000 eror message.jpg

20230729_184007 0AD icon_below_1000 eror message recadré.jpg

20230730_085146.jpg20230730_091141.thumb.jpg.b45c12935827d3fcb3e1591689a6a87f.jpg

20230730_083409 0AD crashed-to-desktop by using Tab in player search.jpg

20230730_083448 0AD crashed-to-desktop by using Tab in player search, Details.jpg

20230730_091442.jpg

Edited by Manimal
added new bug + screenshots
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Manimal said:

Would it be possible to  add a buffer to the chat input box ?
This buffer might allow users to recall some lines they typed in.

this is implemented already in two input boxes. in in game phase. needs to press [tab] to restore the draft.

for the other input boxes that's certainly nice too, but the time pressure isn't that great there. and I don't see the urgency of it that much. I basically like the idea. I don't want to forget. could you put this idea at the issue list in github? so we don't forget it? i have add a hint to your posting there: https://github.com/sl5net/autocivP/issues/15

20 hours ago, Manimal said:

I mistakenly thought there was a version number error, so I've put it back and re-uploaded my 7z file above.

And if you could please use the last updates from, before you make some changes on it, github (not from a release, better from main). so i don't need to compare the versions and dont need do reimport last changes.

and unfortunately this mod not longer saves replays (if you not observer). And unfortunately I not  know how to fix this (at the moment). well. :sweatdrop:https://github.com/sl5net/autocivP/issues/16

=> this problem only happens if you are the host yourself and of course only at the moment when the game is finished. apparently that bothers little. Not ideal but not that bad examples:

tested:

join + play 1v1 games => replay is saved
join + play team games => replay is saved
host + play team/or 1v1 games => replay is not saved

Edited by seeh

14 hours ago, Manimal said:

typing 2 first letters of my nickname in lowercase, and hitting the [Tab] key.

Use uppercase to temporarily reduce the sensitivity of the substitutions mechanism

Edited by seeh
  • Like 1

show when proGUI mod is used. maybe more fair-play. some little fixes

Postfix UserName: use ★ to show that i using proGUI mod

its fair-play when other player know that you are using proGUI mod.
it shows when you are using proGUI mod always.
but you could use ★ to show that you are using proGUI mod. as a shortcut.

Screenshot_20230731_011005.jpg.8738f91fc14fa908710e9ca34a344a21.jpg

update the not use the "not use communityModToggle in history" - check
add the options for a shortcut to show when proGUI mod is used. its maybe more fair-play
update logic of userPostfix a bit
some source refactoring. rename variables
use get_autocivPVersion function
use automatically latestversion in download link
update version nr, add comments add debug infos, remove proGUI from default profile suggestions
add no-blood-and-gore-mod as a default

• Like 2

On 29/07/2023 at 5:09 PM, Manimal said:

Your tiny mistakes were very easy to fix up :

• file structure seemed to be wrong, now it looks like the one of the genuine autociv mod.
  • I've installed it within a folder that I've simply named "autocivP" with no version number.

As explained in this post ->

More details there -> https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/Modding_Guide#Howtomakeyourmodshowupinthemodselectionscreen

Edited by Manimal
added another link

These updates introduce various enhancements and improvements to the AutoCivP mod, including new features, improved accessibility, and better customization options.

Adding a free text postfix option to game names.
Updating the legend.
Updating AutoCivP to lowercase and adding a legend.
Adding the modBuilder script.
Updating the options JSON for a27.
Explaining the PL shortcut.
Showing optional ♇ or AP to indicate when AutoCivP is being used.
Showing an optional icon when AutoCivP is being used.
Adding limitations to the readme.
Adding options for a shortcut to show when the proGUI mod is used, providing a fair play experience.
Adding the no-blood-and-gore-mod as a default.
Adding a hint in the tooltip on how to see all icons.
Adding a hint on how to temporarily reduce the sensitivity of the substitutions mechanism.
Explaining what the communityMod is.

Assets 2
Edited by seeh

v1.0.33

more insensitive control of autocivP Folder-name  when 0ad starts
use minutes in AFK represented using normal numbers instead of special characters.
update tool-tip
add in options don't use <icon> delimiter in chat
add some options in options
bit darker color for Game name Suggestion
fix typo in option JSON
suggest /pRestoreLastProfile ony when a profile is already used
update welcome message

Edited by seeh

case-insensitive auto-completion (e.g. user names and civilization names)is important for some users

change to use case-insensitive auto-completion for user names and civilization names is important for some users

BTW: No need for use a uppercase letter anymore.
Use uppercase to temporarily reduce the sensitivity of the substitutions mechanism
is still working but probably not needed for most users anymore

Edited by seeh

Improved Code Organization, Enhanced Configuration Performance, few Feature Updates

a bit more order in the source code and a bit more performance during the configuration. a few feature updates

hide commandHistory mapConfigProfileComands in not host state

released this 11 Aug 13:28

Updated the hideCommandHistory function

This improvement hide the command history when they are not in a hosting role, providing a cleaner interface and reducing distractions.

hope you enjoy these improvements and find them valuable. Thank you for your continued support and feedback!

Assets 2
Edited by seeh
  • Like 1

Hi @seeh,
The autocivP_default_config.json       still contain other mods hotkeys. Together with the autociv_default_config.json that seems to also reassign hotkeys at each game launch. Enabling autocivP for me, means losing all the hotkeys I'm used to. Since they are overwritten, conflicted or broken because of this. I heard from other players that had similar experience, so I just wanted to highlight, once more, the importance of having this problem fixed. I recommend maintaining a single, but curated default_config file that you edit/think separately from your user.cfg. You can let most hotkeys unassigned to avoid conflicts.
Here is a example: my hotkey to repair is "J", autocivP assign "J" and "Shift-J" to some selection. Now if I press "Shift-J" with autocivP instead of queuing the order repair, I get a random selection filters I never set, like "wounded females + cavalry". Same from flare "K", and 90% of my hotkeys, they are all broken because you assign them to other things.

Hope this helps, cheers! :D

1 hour ago, Atrik said:

The autocivP_default_config.json       still contain other mods hotkeys.

yes. thanks for writing but this is no problem

1 hour ago, Atrik said:

Enabling autocivP for me, means losing all

no @Atrik these hotkeys are not activated (*1). this is optional. and there is also a filter for this in the options. may ask also : @AlexanDerGrosse, @Manimal or others how use it.

I am very happy that I have been able to help you with this. Would like to make it as pleasant as possible :) Of course, especially for you ;)

BTW for using most things here (90%) you don't need hotkeys at all.

*1 It used to be like that, but it's not like that anymore, since a long time already.

Edited by seeh

importend update ! since the P is also lowercase in mod names.

released this 12 Aug 23:26

• please update your mod. to prevent seldom unusual shutdown behavior.
  • add 3 options to game name suggestions
  • don't suggest your ratedDefault for gameName if not checked in the options
  • update tooltip
Edited by seeh

ignoreInCompatibilityChecks is now set to false

• This can be useful in certain scenarios, such as when a modder wants to sure that an older mod that has not been updated will not be used. Ultimately, the decision of whether to set "ignoreInCompatibilityChecks" to true or false depends on many preferences and the specific circumstances.
  • update two smiles
  • longer description for mute a player
Assets 2
Edited by seeh

• seeh changed the title to autocivP Add-ons (profiles, team audio call, chat translation, icons, more ...)