Jump to content

Forums

  1. Welcome

    1. Announcements / News

      The latest. What is happening with 0 A.D. Stay tuned...

      5,4k
      posts
    2. Introductions & Off-Topic Discussion

      Want to discuss something that isn't related to 0 A.D. or Wildfire Games? This is the place. Come on in and introduce yourself. Get to know others who are using 0 A.D.

      38,6k
      posts
    3. Help & Feedback

      Here is where you can get help with your questions. Also be sure to tell us how we are doing. What can we improve? What do you wish we could do better? Your opinion matters to us!

      16,9k
      posts
  2. 0 A.D.

    1. General Discussion

      This is the place to post general stuff concerning the game. Want to express your love for hoplites or find people to play the game with? Want to share your stories about matches you have played or discuss historical connections to the game? These and any other topics which are related to the game, but don't have their own forums belong in this forum.

      51,2k
      posts
    2. Gameplay Discussion

      Discuss the game play of 0 A.D. Want to know why the game plays the way it does or offer suggestions for how to improve the game play experience? Then this is the forum.

      28,1k
      posts
    3. Game Development & Technical Discussion

      A forum for technical discussion about the development of 0 A.D. Feel free to ask questions of the developers and among yourselves.

      48,3k
      posts
    4. Art Development

      Open development for the game's art. Submissions, comments, and suggestions now open.

      30,4k
      posts
    5. Game Modification

      Do you have any questions about modifying the game? What will you need to do what you want to? What are the best techniques? Discuss Modifications, Map Making, AI scripting and Random Map Scripting here.

      45,8k
      posts
    6. Project Governance

      Forums for decision-making on issues where a consensus can't be reached or isn't sufficient. The committees are chosen from among the official team members, but to ensure an open and transparent decision process it's publically viewable.

      148
      posts
    7. 597
      posts
  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Greetings.. welcome we don't have many voice actors. 0AD uses ancient languages in their voices. And it will use (in theory) vernacular languages for the campaign.The campaign design is still in its early stages. @Stan` @Obelix
    • Hello ! I would like to introduce myself. I am NiRa Muso MIOZOTO, my name is Esperanto for: "This Ra's mouse FORGET-ME-NOT". I would like to narrate historical segments before and after campaigns as well as promotional videos. I can edit the videos myself if necessary. I don't have a large portfolio yet but I plan to post my work here: https://ccmixter.org/people/eaterjolly . I am an Esperanto and Toki Pona fanatic and would like to contribute by translating the project to both. I am a Computer Science student so I can also contribute some code if necessary.  I believe that a slow tutorial campaign with dynamic voice acting is crucial to the success of the project.  Fun Fact: In 2020 I archived a version of the Cicada 3301 scavenger hunt: https://archive.org/details/@8434337 Who should I speak to about making content for the official 0ad youtube account ? Also, I am a little lost regarding language support.  I made a Transifex account but how does final review and addition to the game work ? Thank you for your time and consideration, -Muso
    • In theater where the spectator is far away, movement must be exaggerated to be appreciated well; this applies to the visual aspect in video games. The animation should be more exaggerated and less realistic.  
    • I don't want to advertise too much, but we obviously found similar issues in using atlas (the built-in map editor of the game). I started writing a tool around that helping me in defining things more easily. I named this tool "mercator" according to the guy who used original antique maps, improved them and published the first map collection as a book named "atlas". You can find it here: https://wildfiregames.com/forum/topic/169940-new-atlas-helper-tool-mercator/   @lilypoppyThe mercator tool allows filling an area with a defined mix of trees each with a random rotation. This should address your first issue on the list. @eZamus In mercator, you can define basically the game and player conditions as requested in your first issue. Also you can place entities as described in your item no.5 .  I am still working  on terrain sculpting features, defining cliffes, roads, hills, water levels etc. (works already, but the GUI is still too cluttered for me) This will be the next major release of mercator. I do appreciate your ideas and observations, eagerly taking on board your wishlist. Let me see what can be done...  
×
×
  • Create New...