• Latest updates

• Newest Posts

• Yes. OpenGL seems to be more heavy on the CPU than Vulkan, replacing it was a major improvement. I hope we will see A27 this year.
    • When that change was introduced, it was argued that it wouldn't decrease the performance, and that it would possibly even increase it (maybe even with benchmarks to confirm). Keep in mind that not everything is recalculated every turn. I think calculations use the elapsed time to decide if they trigger, or something like that. So I believe the more expensive calculations do not trigger more often even with a lower turn time. Personally I recall the lag issue was still very important even in a23 and below. But if you feel there is a change, there are so many other things that can also explain it: - Player level get stronger -> fully boomed faster -> huge fights happen sooner and more frequently -> you feel the lag - Economy upgrades are more effective -> all same as above AND you can afford to leave fewer units at home when fully boomed (so more in the expensive fight) - Meta: rush less viable -> people don't do it -> instead of having maybe 6 players simultaneously fully boomed, you have all eight which reach the same situation at almost the same timestamp, and every fight will happen simultaneously.
    • Siege towers balance was just bad before. It's a unit that tends to go through cycles where it is useless or OP. It's really the same story with all ranged siege. There were alphas where players literally banned the use of old siege towers because they were OP. The current siege tower mechanic is potentially problematic, though. Now, siege towers focus their arrows against their primary counter units (melee inf/cav). Changing dps is a really easy way to make siege towers better without using non-random arrows--it's a method that has been both too strong and too weak in the past, so the only thing that needs to be done is find the right balance. 
    • Alpha27 is supposed to cause less lag because of the new Vulkan stuff. It's a major change in the code of the game.
    • i was saying siege towers are good rn, they are usable, before with random arrows they where useless, now atleast u can use the unit, any change is good if u can go back or balance if it doesnt work, but siege towers is working rn.
    • https://code.wildfiregames.com/rP25001 in here are the reasons for the change back to 200ms.
    • If you open any replay file (command.txt) you will find that the duration of each turn is stated on each line a new turn starts, like "turn 0 200". The 200 stands for 200 ms. In a23 you would see "turn 0 500". The example below comes from a multiplayer 4v4 tg on this alpha: turn 0 200 end hash b6f05acff08e123cde8c1c43ec19627c turn 1 200 end hash-quick 2c00bb0c9b7ad23bd7f74ea4a261fa82