I always take the time to read comments. That helps me then to comment here and brainstorm ideas and strategies.
Many people, for example, might like to add a small city builder mode.
I got here through the Google search engine.
I came across images like these, armies in formation; I looked at this and it reminded me of Praetorians.
The visual similarity of the images thrilled me.
UPDATE: Version 0.12.0
Added compatibility with version 0.28
Detailed statistics on food and coins have been added.
Changes to the economy, resource gathering, and trade.
More details in the first post.
Well the only parameter you can play with currently, that doesn't require to hack the physic of the collision is SolidPushSpin as said. If that ends up to still not be enough I still think it's currently fine for now.
Well two things were contributing to this and got better in this PR :
1. Elephants were unable to push other not moving units.
=> Now they give 0 sh!t about any dwarfs sitting on their path. Which increase their mobility by a immeasurable amount already.
2. Obstruction handling was not too resilient.
=> According to path requests sent, on my benchmarks, the path requests are down by a lot relative to main, meaning units handle obstructions better.
Yes making them "solids" is very challenging on plenty of points. But I have a feeling it's doable, let's see if @guerringuerrin find a way to prove we are still far off succeeding.
With the UnitMotion refactoring of this PR, iterating is also much faster, and things are compartmentalized.