-
Who's Online 10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2.254 Guests (See full list)
-
Topics
-
Posts
-
@Atrik, bouncing is expected since you are using linear pushing, and that's how springs work. A simple "fix" (or at least to show where I think the problem comes from) I just tried is not to keep pushing when the object is already moving away. In these test videos, I split all elephants in two groups and make them move against each other, press abort, make them go through a narrow path to attack a structure, and when they are concentrating on top of where that was, press abort. Notice the lack of bouncing in the second video (the one with my change) after pressing abort: Recording 2026-09-30 104423.mp4 Recording 2026-09-30 104650.mp4 The code I added to UnitCollision.cpp before the last line shown: const CFixedVector2D relativeVelocity = a.velocity - b.velocity; const fixed separatingVelocity = relativeVelocity.Dot(offset); if (separatingVelocity >= fixed::Zero()) distanceFactor = entity_pos_t::Zero(); CFixedVector2D pushingDir = offset.Multiply(distanceFactor); The fix doesn't have to be exactly like this, it could be a function depending on the relative velocity vector for example (to better handle any unwanted increased overlapping), but I think that's a simple way to add non-linearity, besides being realistic: a push is a force applied in a certain time interval (impulse), and this process is usually more inefficient if during this time the object moves away, because what's pushing falls behind of what's pushed. This is related to mechanical impedance, and that's why springs react more when pushed at their resonance frequency, since that timing doesn't fall behind, nor gets past, the points of most efficient energy transfer. I didn't notice a big difference when they went through the narrow path, but the unit's rotation when pushed seems to be quite a problem. I'd make torque effects more inefficient by, quite obviously, either making them more spherical or changing their moment of inertia, if that's how things are implemented (I haven't checked that).
-
Create something similar for my mod using AI—it might be interesting: In this new combat mode, it's possible to play using area control or head-on battles like in *Total War*; for my futuristic mod, I intend to focus primarily on area control, though nothing stops me from removing the control points and reverting to classic *Total War*—if one can even call it that.
-
By Ultimate Aurelian · Posted
https://www.danielkirkpatrick.co.uk/irish-history/irish-iron-age-chariot/ https://www.researchgate.net/publication/246543302_Iron_Age_chariots_and_medieval_texts_a_step_too_far_in_breaking_down_boundaries I've found some articles arguing for chariots at least. Although i dont know if there is a consensus. -
By Ultimate Aurelian · Posted
Maybe based on bronze age weapons? But they are outdated for this period (and more like axes, or picks than medieval halberds) https://www.mooregroup.ie/2012/05/galway-bronze-age-halberd/ https://www.academia.edu/6095439/The_Early_Bronze_Age_Halberd_in_Ireland_Function_and_Context -
Main issue is that the video is done post release bundles, so the url isn't known. You could point to release video playlist though. It should probably be the no cookie variant as well. Well the issue (being on most if not all of the 0 A.D. discords) is that most developers won't be there. So if I say this discord is official (one of them kinda is, as it's in the linktr.ee) then you will have 50 people there maybe, but no one from the team to talk to. This might be alright, but my feeling was people wanted to interact with us more than they wanted just a discord
-
